R/C Problem

K

KenP

As posted , I am building an Engels Submarine.

I have a Sanwa Conquest Mk II R/C which only has 4 Stick controlled proportional channels and one aux proportional channels, sixth channel is purely on/off.

The sub needs 6 proportional channels.

2- props ( I want to run each screw separately )

1- fore dive planes

1-aft dive planes

1- rudders

1- dive unit flooding tanks.

Guess I need to upgrade my set. Any recommendations?

A

adzam

wouldn`t a mixer on the props give you the mobility you are looking for yet it would also free up a channel .

K

KenP

Don't really want to use a mixer. I do like to put one prop forward and one reverse to "swing" the boat

A

adzam

yeah i think i know what you mean ken

have a look at this for a quick description mixer

U

Uncivil Serpent

Hi Ken,

It's highly unlikely that you would be using opposite controls on the planes. Is there no way that you could link fore and aft planes to operate from the same servo.

If not I guess the only option would be to see your friend and mine at Westbourne, sure Barry could sell you something to fit at a cost agreeable to himself.

Chris

U

Uncivil Serpent

Ken,

As an add on to my last, would the F-14 system be of more use to you. It is a modular system and you can plug as many items in as necessary I believe. Or has that gone up to F18 now?

Chris

K

KenP

Sort of agree with you, Chris, even though it means spending money!!!!

perhaps it's time I upgrades to an F14-Navy?

A

ajg141

I am using a Robbe F-14 Navy with my Engel Typhoon & Sheerline Trafalgar. Seems to work a treat after 1 or 2 teething problems due to the fact I didn't quite know what I was doing when setting the thing up!

U

Uncivil Serpent

Hi Ken,

Just a though before you go down to Westbourne, but you could do worse than give Hobby Stores in Bernard St., Southampton a call on 023 8033 1859 just to see what sort of price they can come up with. My Skysport six was twenty quid cheaper than Barry could do it until I mentioned the price to him, then miraculously his price came down as well. Still bought the system from Hobby though because as you know it's closer for me to get to. Will give you a bargaining point though.

If you really feel flush you could try the Multiplex system but two items of advoice on this one....

1/ Don't have Mrs Parker with you at the time, and

2/ Be lying down when you ask the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Chris

Last edited:
K

KenP

I gave in to myself and bought an F-14 from barry Shanks at Westbourne Models.

I'll convert the the "vertical" sticks to rachet instead of self centering. That way I can use them for the screws and therefore take my hands off them whilst changing the other controls.

Got two "slider" proportional controls which I will use for the hydroplanes.

RH horiz stick for the rudder

LH horiz stick for the dive unit flooding tanks

Ken