RAF Daguerre

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
im thinking of doing it green and black like this...

t_1411.jpg

but theres the green and brown option....

t_2011.jpg

decisions, decisions.....................

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Like the last one Paul .
Great idea by the way.

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'll go with 453 Race - as we're on opposite wards = but it's your model = paint it how you want to. :smiling2:
Excellent idea BTW :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Paul.
:smiling2:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
im not planning on making a 'finished' thread for everything i do.....just going to get dumped in this thread

the Bofors and tractor is done.......gave it a light wash and a matt coat, added some glass to the windscreen

hdscf910.jpg

the tower is slowly coming together

i decided to go for a black over green camo

been doing a lot of lurking around t'internet and its all very confusing in a funny way

i cant find any genuine colour wartime pics.......lots of pics taken 40 odd years after thats not a lot of use, lots of pics of preserved buildings, which again is not a lot of good..........official documentation from the time says use green, brown or black...................it seems some buildings were definatly all green.......or bare brick.......black over green was definatly Cold War use

theres some interesting discussions on forums out there....not just modelling ones but on airfield preservation sites and local history sites

one guy went on about how brown and green camo is all a myth, never happened, and its all down to the Battle of Britain movie.......they painted the building in error and its sort of become standard

another guy said that brown had been used on every single camoflaged building during WW2, and he had the proof in all the black and white pics he had collected.....lol lol

anyway.....its green and black

decided to have a little fun which will never be seen once the roof goes on

ive added a wall on the first floor......one side will become a sort of briefing room......the other side will be Ruperts office....going to have a go at making a few bits of furniture

next step is adding some glass to the windows.........i use clear laminating sheets thats been put through the machine with noting inside

dscf9213.jpg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,
Lovely work so far, looks like a great project. I wish someone did the gun tractor in 1/35

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Green and black was my choice..........I was just keeping it to myself. Have fun building all the little bits that go inside......I'm currently working on a field hospital........scratch building metal bed frames. What a treat! Cheers, Rick H.:thumb2:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so had a bit of fun making some furniture out of balsa...........added some posters and maps and stuff......even pics of the king and queen on the wall lol........added a few figures, a couple in the crew room and Wing Commander Rupert Fortesque-Smythe in his office along with his Lumpy

z1_310.jpg
z3dscf10.jpg
z4dscf10.jpg

thing is once the roof is onyou wont see any ofit

zdscf910.jpg

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul

Time to add some lighting. Go on you know you want to.

John

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
and just like that.....all gone with the roof on......

ive used E-Z line for the railings.......added the notoriously missing hand rail on the steps

plan is to do another vehicle then a couple of aircraft

ea_110.jpg

eb_310.jpg

ed_310.jpg

and one for scale.....and im happy you can see Rupert looking out of the window

eg_110.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Too bad you didn't make it with a removable roof. You could lift the top once in awhile and see how the big boss is doing......came out very nice. Rick H.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Too bad you didn't make it with a removable roof. You could lift the top once in awhile and see how the big boss is doing......came out very nice. Rick H.

i did think about it but its not possible........the stairs handrail joins the roof to the balcony

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Things have all come together at once

I started the Spitfire and had a dodgy canopy so had to request a replacement……whilst waiting for that I started the Defiant, had a set of Hataka paint for RAF aircraft, never used them before and couldn’t get on with them…..ended up ordering some Mr Hobby online…..came at the same time as the canopy so painted and completed them both at same time!

Got to try out this photo base at last……need to made a bigger/better back drop

Spitfire is Airfix Mk 1a, 610 Sqn, RAF Biggen Hill, 1940

BP Defiant Mk 1 is Airfix, 264 Sqn, RAF Matlesham Heath, 1940

So both relevant to Battle of Britain

Im not much of a wingy thing maker but it was nice to dabble in another genre for once

126.jpg[/url
]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19440828/489]225.jpg[/url
]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19440828/490]323.jpg[/url
]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19440828/491]422.jpg[/url
]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19440828/492]520.jpg[/url
]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19440828/493]616.jpg[/url
]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19440828/494]716.jpg[/url
]

811.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice, Paul.

Your little 'extras' like the wheel tracks in the grass help bring it all to life.

Ron

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul

Sorry for behind on this. Looking very nice indeed well done.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Beautiful job over all......your attention to detail has really paid off. Rick H.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so the little jeep is done............and ive done a few others..........i found the boxes of the 'emergency' and 'refueling' sets and the AEC Matador with the howitzer.........id already done the 6 wheeled tanker............toally messed up the cab of the 4 wheeler, very out of square.......the ambulance hadnt turned out right............and the crash tender was never going to be built as its so wrong (post war and probably not used by the RAF)

so did my best to bodge the ambulance into shape.......................did the Matador without the back on to turn it in to a plain truck........the RAF did use them as General Service trucks, especially to carry bombs and as tow vehicles....the cargo in the back isnt fixed in so once i acquire the right bombs it will get those instead.......................i always planned on turning the 6 wheeled crash tender into some kind of GS truck but i sat there looking at the box of bits and wondered if i could scab on the fuel tank from the 4 wheeler onto the chassis/cab of the crash tender........and this is what i ended up with.......totally make believe but it does look sort of right and it is intended to be just 'set dressing'

since taking the pics i can see a few areas of touch up i need to do

these were fun to do and i now have more ideas of conversion