RAF Rescue Seaking HAR Mk3 - 1:48 Hasegawa

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
There are some interior shots of a HAR3 in the post marked #4 with the caption "Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:08 PM Westland Seaking HAR.3 SAR ZA105 pics from Bootneck (Mike) taken at RAF Mount Pleasant in the Falklands."

There is a photo taken from the aft cabin looking forward with a couple of guys in the way but you can see the role equipment rack on the RH side. I also stand corrected as in a shot from the outside looking into the personell door the crew's NVG google cases are bungee strapped to the top shelf of this rack. Other good reference pic's include the stretcher and the large amount of role equipment that clutters up the cabin.

C

Caledonia

Sorry Rick, what I meant to say was that there were no good interior shots around the Crew Door/ Radar Operator interior.

Progress a little slow this week. Have lowered the stbd bulkhead as suggested by Rick, and added a roof and a box. Have left the port shelves as they are, in order to avoid damaging work already done. Have made up the passenger seat frames and rail for the seat straps.

View attachment 62534View attachment 62535

Cheers Derek

p.s. One of these guys just about took our roof of on Wednesday lunch time, must have been heading for Aberdeen Royal Infirmary; probably an RTA

View attachment 63987

View attachment 63988

B14.jpg

B15.jpg

Last edited:
T

treyzx10r

Derek thats some great pe work on the doors,really looks sharp!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Love the door and the tape seats are a good idea.

Ian M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That door looks amazing. How big is it, I'm guessing about 20mm x 20mm ish ?

C

Caledonia

\ said:
That door looks amazing. How big is it, I'm guessing about 20mm x 20mm ish ?
Thanks Colin - good guess, the steps are actually 19mm x 23mm and comprise 21 pieces, must confess I seriously super glued my fingers together twice. Had to soak them in soapy warm water and tease the skin apart with a wooden cocktail stick. Cheers Derek

View attachment 62724

View attachment 64175

B20.jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That is some great building Derek.

Nice work mate.

Tony.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work on the interior Derek, top work mate.

C

Caledonia

Got the fuselage closed up after closing off the door apertures with card and fitting the main rotor bushing and engine exhaust; still to clean up the seams, also added the underside panel.

View attachment 62938View attachment 62939

The fit of the nose was a pain; kept wanting to twist. If I were going to do it again I think it would be easier to fit the underside panel before trying to close the nose seam. Going to deviate from the plans and fit the remainder of the fuselage/tail and undercarriage sponsons before fitting the fiddly bits. Cheers Derek

View attachment 64330

View attachment 64331

B31.jpg

B32.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very much the part now.

Having seen this build, I can see that I am going to have to get hold of one of Mr. Parkins' conversion sets....

Ian M

C

Caledonia

Thanks Lads for your comments. Have now added the tail and engine casings; also made up the landing gear sponsons. I think a better fit will be achieved if the diagonal brace for the sponsons are made up at final assembly to the fuselage. Must compliment Hasagawa on some brilliant moulding around the engine casing and sponsons; very tricky geometry. Some of the best I have ever seen.

View attachment 63045

These are the main components assembled, so will now start the boring job of dressing up the seams. Cheers Derek

View attachment 64413

B33.jpg

C

Caledonia

Made up the Flightpath rear port side light, I cut out the brass at the lens so that I could fit a clear lens I took from my scraps box.

View attachment 63314View attachment 63315View attachment 63316

Tackled the Sand Filter next, this is from the Flightpath upgrade. To make it more realistic I have added a back plate and floor from some 0.5mm evergreen. Last photo is a trial fit, got some cleaning up to do before the final fit.

View attachment 63317View attachment 63318View attachment 63319View attachment 63320View attachment 63321View attachment 63322

Cheers Derek

View attachment 64659

View attachment 64660

View attachment 64661

View attachment 64662

View attachment 64663

View attachment 64664

View attachment 64665

View attachment 64666

View attachment 64667

B40.jpg

B41.jpg