boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thats what I thought as well Chris. Eduard accessories get high ratings. And they're affordable as well
Well then Gary go for them an it does say for US NAVY SHIPS lookin forward to seein her plough through the waves on your dio as she looks a hansom ship love the BB's an are you gonna do anther ship when this done or what as I just wondered
all best
chris

First Name
Gary
Well I must admit I enjoyed the dio a lot. It's almost finished and looks good, IMO. So I am on the lookout for another ship. I'm going to put a pine frame around the edges but here it is

NCAerial.jpg

NCPortSide.jpg

NCStarF.jpg

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SHE looks great Gary plouhin through the sea really lovlely job very realistic ive just been sittin here lookin at the ship an sea features an it even made me feel as though I can smell the sea an hear the ship engines brilliant dio :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: an if you want an idea for the nxt ship to do then this is only a suggestion why not get the hms tiger with the helicopter vershion on as its a very different ship an unusual to do on a small dio like the one im building in 1/72 as it would be great to see what im building an how it will look when its done in about 4yrs time but this is only a suggestion
chris

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Gary
That is a great looking dio. You should be proud of that.
Limited experience with railings - done about 4 1/700 ships but a couple of tips I have learned. Good idea to have a bottom rail on the railings, makes gluing easier. Work in short lengths wherever possible. Fix in place with short tabs of masking tape. I don't know what glue you plan to use, white glue or CA - both have good and bad aspects. I favour white glue and then strengthen with CA.
If you can get hold of THIS book it is really helpful.
Jim

First Name
Gary
Thanks guys.

I do keep staring at the dio and thinking "did I really do that ?" I see what you meant Chris when you said about doing it rather than mounting the ship. I'll be looking at some more 1/700s and will checkout HMS Tiger. Nice tip on the railings Jim.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice sea diorama Gary. USS North Carolina looks magnificent in her ocean settling.
Well done sir. Looking forward to the next project.
Cheers
P

First Name
Gary
Thanks guys. I must admit I do look at it in my study a lot. Much better than on a stand which I will do for some. I credit the sea with hours of YouTube and help here. It's surprising how creative you can be