Rain effects

P

Polux

Hello to all.

I am thinking already about my near diorama. After doing effects of snow ... I would like to create a wet effect.

Someone knows like or has thought about it: Since rain creates!!!

And I don't refer to painting the figures with oils to give sheen and humid effect.

To create rain covering the whole diorama...

Try to go for it!!!

Regards

D

dubster72

Are you talking about rain that's falling Polux? I think that would be hard to do, unless you use monofiliment wire with raindrops made from PVA or CA glue? You'd still see the wires though.

The most I've done was using Klear to simulate wet ground & streaking it down the side of a King Tiger with extra on the flat surfaces to show a ' just rained-on ' effect.

Be interesting to see what ideas come up.

Cheers

Patrick

P

Polux

It is just for what I look Patrick... Rain falling down!!

I like your idea of the threads with his drops!! Does this imply that there must be a ceiling where to stick the threads not??

It makes me ask another thing: It is a diorama if we put walls, to cover as if it was a box, already be with wood or crystal (that better)?? We might create the effect of rain fall in his enclosed interior lightnings with special lights!!

I'm mad?

I'm with you Patrick, be interesting to see what ideas come up.

Regards

C

CDW

Using the "box" idea you could enclose the diorama and have a thin sheet of glass on the front with rain drops painted in pva glue then use a couple of LED lights to shine down the glass to enhance the raindrops effect.

D

dubster72

You'd definitely need a ceiling from which to suspend the wires. All my bases have a clear case so that's not a problem.

I guess it's really a matter or scale ; a raindrop can only be about 10mm long ( high ) by 5mm or less wide. That means at 1/35 say, the droplet would be 0.3 x 0.14mm! Now that's small!

You could perhaps forego the actual rain & instead model wet ground with tiny splashes, where the rain's supposed to be landing? That would give the impression of rain, especially with the dios subjects looking wet.

I've already tried this with dirt to show bullet impacts from a strafing fighter, I'm thinking or a forced perspective dio tentatively entitled ' Achtung Jabo! ', although it's not yet fit for disclosure!

Cheers

Patrick

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry to say it Polux, but I think you will have a real hard time trying to re-create actual rain.

As others have suggested, I would go for the after effects, Wet, shiny and with splashes in puddles and the like. If there is going to be buildings details such as running water in the gutters, Overflowing gutters.

Pools of water in tarpaulings etc. After seeing what you did with that frozen dio, I am sure you can nail the rain.

And you live in the land of the best water effect I have ever used. Vallejo's still water.

Ian M

A

andygh

It sounds impossible and I've never seen it done but if there's a way I'm sure you'll find it

P

Polux

Thanks go all!!

What a great ideas you all have, glass with drops, Overflowing gutters, drops impacts!!!

It will be very, very difficultly... Impossible Maybe!! But I will not resign the battle!!

It is easier to say that to do...

Mmmm ... I will seek for ideas and to prove things.

Regards

P

phalinmegob

would love to see this done, i was thinking about this a while ago and gave up on the idea.