Ralph's 1/76 WW1 male tank mk1 CANCELLED

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4539

Hello my Friends.
Here is the start of my thread for the group build.
I'm just gonna mess around with this and see where it goes.
All the best.
Ralph.
IMG_20181221_113458.jpg2019-01-04_14-28-18_clipping.jpg2019-01-04_14-28-48_clipping.jpg

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Oooh, I remember when this first came out...loved it then- made a mess of the tracks if I remember, trying to join them with a hot screwdriver-but I was only a teenager then.
I will enjoy watching this Ralph

D

Deleted member 4539

Oooh, I remember when this first came out...loved it then- made a mess of the tracks if I remember, trying to join them with a hot screwdriver-but I was only a teenager then.
I will enjoy watching this Ralph
Thanks Neil I am glad you're watching,it should be a fun little build. I feel I mess up the tracks I will just cover them in mud:smiling3:.

D

Dave S4

Grand!
Enjoy this little icon.
And if anyone knows of a supplier of good WW1 figs in this scale - tank crew and other - please say so, because they give projects like this life.

D

Deleted member 4539

Grand!
Enjoy this little icon.
And if anyone knows of a supplier of good WW1 figs in this scale - tank crew and other - please say so, because they give projects like this life.
Cheers Dave.
I intend to enjoy it and I will let my mind wander when it comes to painting.

D

Dave S4

Yep! Quite right, too.
With this subject, I think you can experiment & enjoy yourself as they appeared to try many different alternatives.

D

Deleted member 4539

I had great fun building my one last year. Looking forward to seeing the colours you decide to go for. Will it be brown mud, grey mud or mud mud??:smiling5::smiling3:
Thanks Steve.
Such hard choices already:smiling3:.

D

Dave S4

There's probably a wealth of nerdy info about mud colours by region on the Western Front.
Apparently Horizon Blue was better camouflage than khaki on the Somme, because of the chalky soil.
Or you could put it into the Russian Civil War? I think the White Army used them.
In fact... I think one or two were used by the Soviets in WW2...?

D

Deleted member 4539

Sorry guys I completely made a mess of something during the build and while try to fix it caused more damage.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Ralph sorry to hear about the build hiccup but is there any way you can turn it into a battlefield casualty on a small diorama base.
Pete..

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Ralph sorry to hear about the build hiccup but is there any way you can turn it into a battlefield casualty on a small diorama base.
Pete..
Good idea Pete.
I have already binned it and started another model.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Pete hate to hear that. Keep the positive juices flowing

Reactions: JR