Rashida

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I used a couple of washed and dried out baby wipes. You tease them out, pulling gently in both directions, and they form an uneven mesh that acts as a mask - stretch it over the subject and spray over it. I used a black primer then sprayed all over in gold. Then through the baby wipe I sprayed white, and then black. I just kept doing it until I was happy with the result. There were a few places that didn't look quite right, so I adjusted those with extra blending and veining by hand.
Here's a video

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Fantastic, thanks for that Paul...marble effect using baby wipe masks...how about that.

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great stuff, I wondered what had happened to her…..

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
This is really good paintwork Paul. After all the fuss about the back shield, even in color her head stands out. Black women always look good in white or bright colors and the chosen turquoise gives her that extra regal look. You have a lucky friend. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul. I tried clicking the "here" to see more your model. However, it doesn't seem to work.
Sorry about that. I clicked on the "share" icon for the first entry on the relevant thread, clicked 'Copy', then highlighted the word 'here' in the above message, then clicked the chainlinks above it and inserted the copied URL. Dunno why it's not working - but you're right, it's not. .

You can find the pictures in the Completed Fantasy and Sci-fi Figures section, in a thread entitled 'Rashida - now completed'.