Rasperry Ripple ideas.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It seems that there aren't too many takers for the Raspberry Ripple GB idea so I thought I would explain why I suggested it.

I used to live in the Northcamp area of Farnborough and it was common to have various different aircraft flying overhead as they circled to land at the nearby Royal Aircraft Establishment (RAE). The most common aircraft was the Buccaneer, Dakota, Comet and Seaking in their distinctive red, white and blue paint schemes.

Farnborough wasn't the only establishment that operated aircraft in this scheme, Bedford and Boscombe Down also flew their aircraft, including the Empire Test Pilots School. The variety of aircraft that carried these colours is huge and not just restricted to British military operated examples, for example, there are two Mil MI-17's in these colours operated by Qinetiq.

Preserved aircraft can be found at FAST Farnborough and at the RAF Museum Cosford and decal sheets are available from Hannants while I only know of two kits that include this colour scheme - Hasegawa's 1/72 Jaguar and Kittyhawk's 1/48 version.

Heres some links to hopefully stir some interest.

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=69111

http://www.fast-air.co.uk/qinetiq-boscombe-down-mi-17-project-curium/

You could even apply the colours to some of the newest aircraft in the British armed forces e.g Typhoon, Merlin or even Globemaster.

Now get voting!

Last edited by a moderator:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I didn't vote for Raspberry Ripple but since the poll I have acquired a decal sheet for the BAe Hawk which includes Raspberry Ripple for an ETPS scheme. So I too would be keen to take part in a build, just need to get myself another Hawk. :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
Thanks Rick! Now I know what this means...:oops:Every day you learn new things :smiling3:
Lol me too Polux