Rattle can care ?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi,all this is something I should know Rattle can care ?
I got a can of auto filler to use with the 3d prints to fill layer line,
use it a few times,no real problem other than being a bit Blochey at the start,
as with a lot of rattly cans they say turn uo side down and spay some,which i find
silly as it all runs into the nozzle,is it just the nozzle gets blocked or the tube that
gets depress gets blocked,
and help appreciated
hate to just have to bin 5/8 of a can,

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Not sure what your asking Monica but after you have finished using the can of spray you clean it by holding it upside down and press the nozzle until only the propellant comes out, no paint. Then just remove the spray tip and soak it in a mineral spirit to soften and release any trapped paint.

D

Deleted member 7181

Slightly simplified, but the paint is in the bottom half of the can, compressed gas is in the top. The paint is brought up to the nozzle though an internal tube that reaches to the bottom of the can.

When you turn the can upside down this is reversed, the paint pools in the top section of the can and the end of the internal tube can now draw the compressed gas, which blows through and cleans out the nozzle.

Most of the time, if paint no longer comes out of a rattle can, a new nozzle will cure it, or cleaning the blocked one with a strong solvent.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta,Steve,thats what i do,but this can i cannot even press the nozzle down,will try to clean the nozzle

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Slightly simplified, but the paint is in the bottom half of the can, compressed gas is in the top. The paint is brought up to the nozzle though an internal tube that reaches to the bottom of the can.

When you turn the can upside down this is reversed, the paint pools in the top section of the can and the end of the internal tube can now draw the compressed gas, which blows through and cleans out the nozzle.

Most of the time, if paint no longer comes out of a rattle can, a new nozzle will cure it, or cleaning the blocked one with a strong solvent.
ta thats a help as well,somethink I should know,but never do and have never seen how far down that tube went

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
ta thats a help as well,somethink I should know,but never do and have never seen how far down that tube went
HI Monica I use a lot of rattle can sprays on my ships models an yes its right when you have finished sprayin turn can upside down an give it a quick spray as the guys say it will just clear the nozzele ready for the next spray an if it wont spray with some still inside I was told to stick the tin in pan full of warm water an leve for a while an it worked for me they start sprayin again
chris

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
HI Monica I use a lot of rattle can sprays on my ships models an yes its right when you have finished sprayin turn can upside down an give it a quick spray as the guys say it will just clear the nozzele ready for the next spray an if it wont spray with some still inside I was told to stick the tin in pan full of warm water an leve for a while an it worked for me they start sprayin again
chris
ta for the help,Chris,I will give it a try ,and see if i can get it spraying again,before i bin it,such a waste of paint,and try cleaning the nozzle as well

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
ta for the help,Chris,I will give it a try ,and see if i can get it spraying again,before i bin it,such a waste of paint,and try cleaning the nozzle as well
Good Monica I hope it works out ok an keep the can away from your face as some time they may leak an we don't want that happening
chris

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Good Monica I hope it works out ok an keep the can away from your face as some time they may leak an we don't want that happening
chris
good advice,Chris as I have had mishap with them before,