RC HOVERCRAFT

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
As some of you may know, I used to do RC boats but had to stop due to disabilities and dropping incidents-one reason I ended up doing RC tanks. But...I got hold of a RC hovercraft, she is built but needs some TLC-the skirt needs replacing and the motors/blades axis needs sorting.

I have the parts coming so it will stripped down and then it will a new experience in trying to figure out what I am doing :thinking:

Attachments

• P1014325.JPG
    P1014325.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 31

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Si,
That's something different.

Yeah, thought it would be easy for me to use, really light so no awkward lifting etc...just got to figure out making a new skirt, thought I could patch the old but it is peppered with small holes so easier to make a new one...I hope.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
well smart!!

sort of thing id like to play with

Ta Paul, will get the issues sorted, the drive and lift fans are off centre and the skirt is fubar so will have to make a new one...then it will be HOVER-TIME! I hope.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI SI yes i hope it all works out i had a freind who made hover crafts an his worked really well whatchin his glide up an down our pond very realistic the last one i see him make last yr was a military craft but i dont see him anymore now as he moved house down south but i will follow your build on the skirt
chris

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
HI SI yes i hope it all works out i had a freind who made hover crafts an his worked really well whatchin his glide up an down our pond very realistic the last one i see him make last yr was a military craft but i dont see him anymore now as he moved house down south but i will follow your build on the skirt
chris

Hi Chris, I also have a friend in the boat club that has made hovercraft so will be picking his brains to see how things are done. Hopefully, he says with all fingers and toes crossed while resting on a piece of wood, the skirt will not give too many problems.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice one Si, lets hope you can get it up and running ( well hovering ).

Thanks Ian. I understand the principles but, like anything, it is always the practical side that messes it up...I.E me not really knowing what I am doing.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Some piccies of it as I starting the strip down. Checking the lift fan and the drive fan angle-all wrong.

I have the new cloth to make the skirt...just when I get around to it.

Attachments

• P1014333.JPG
    P1014333.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 6
  • P1014336.JPG
    P1014336.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 6
  • P1014343.JPG
    P1014343.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 7
  • P1014345.JPG
    P1014345.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 8
  • P1014347.JPG
    P1014347.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 8

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That looks pretty cool Si. is it ready for a test drive yet?

No, not yet, has been put on the backburner as other stuff to sort. Hoping to get around to it before the year is out...hopefully.