re flightmaster comp.

W

Wayne

just been looking at answers for comp. John has answer to question 1 as Tupelov, as it first flew in Dec as Concordes first flight was in April of the following year. was there any mention in the question of the FIRST supersonic passenger jet to fly? personally i've never heard of the Tupelov but have seen Concorde fly often!

N

Nigel.D

Tu144 was the first to fly commonly called the concordski. there was a huge kerfuffel when it crashed at the Paris Airshow ! And the question was "which was the first supersonic passenger jet" ? if you go by the first designed you should look at barnes wallace, the bristol company, boeing, and so on ! When talking about Aircraft ships etc i think you will agre that the "first" is acknowledeged as whichever is flown or launched first

Last edited:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Like Nigel said, just do a search for it there's loads of sites with information on it, like this one http://www.answers.com/topic/tupolev-tu-144

But I guess the question could have been worded better so I will also accept Concorde as an answer