Read this morning on young modellers.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The Russian company ARK has been sponsoring young modelers with workshops. What a great idea to get more involved in the hobby..

TS city of Angarsk.
We want to share with you another good news! Our company continues to support young modelers as before. This time is the "Association of poster modeling" JTS city of Angarsk. Circle bench modeling in Angarsk, was formed in 2005. During this time many boys and girls passed through a circle. After the end of many not forget nor saver, nor modeling and participate in our exhibitions. To date, the Association includes 4 clubs, in which more than 40 children are engaged. The Association of bench modeling takes part not only in the internal exhibitions of the Suite, but also in international, national and regional exhibitions. Also is the initiator of the city's exhibitions in Angarsk and on site in Usolye-Siberian. The exhibitions are attended not only by pupils of children's homes, but also adult modelers of Angarsk and the entire Irkutsk region. This year the club for the first time participated in regional exhibitions in Novosibirsk and Novokuznetsk, where they won prizes. Also participated in the all-Russian exhibition in Tula and international in Minsk. Now the circle can be seen at exhibitions at the club, but Moscow and Sochi.

img_104.jpg

img_106.jpg

Nice idea

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great find mate. It would be interesting to know if there are similar schemes in this country. Airfix may do them??

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great find mate. It would be interesting to know if there are similar schemes in this country. Airfix may do them??
Not heard of any , but some club members may know of schemes that they run with in clubs. To be fair the cost of a decant model must be a deterrent to many youngsters, it is too a of of us.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
3 or 4 years ago another member of S.M. and I tried to get something going at a school near him. Red Tape, insurance, apathy, P.C., Health and Safety all got in the way. He even got a manufacturer interested (Big discount / starter kits)

It just died a death. - No it never got started!

D

Deleted member 4539

It is a good thing this is happening.
One of my biggest gripes for anyone under the age of 18 is that they can go into a model shop(what is left of them)buy the kit and paints but they can not buy the glue or a modelling knife.
I believe there are only a very small percentage of knife weilding glue sniffing maniac kids and this spoils it for the vast majority of sensible kids.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Great idea and must surely promote all sorts of good things in the young people.
Ron's comment touched a nerve. In my early days as a teacher we ran all sorts of clubs and societies at lunch times and after school. By the time I retired, almost 40 years later, they had all but disappeared for all the reasons Ron mentioned. It is no surprise to me that we have a generation of overweight children who are glued to a screen for many hours each day.
Rant over.
Jim - aka Mr Grumpy

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Red Tape, insurance, apathy, P.C., Health and Safety all got in the way.
I hate to say it, but that’s the UK for you. Other countries in the area are also afflicted with this to some degree but nowhere near as badly as you guys are, I think. I watch quite a lot of British TV, and amount of risk-aversion you see on that is so extreme it borders on the ridiculous. This is especially obvious when British reporters go to other countries. (One good example I remember was about the International Bathtub Regatta in Dinant, Belgium. The only person in the whole thing wearing a life preserver was the BBC reporter, which became even more obvious when it came to the apparently traditional throwing-each-other-into-the-water phase that follows the reaching of the finish line.)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mrs R has a permanent sign up in the kitchen.
1, Don't be grumpy.

2 , Cook .

3 .Take your medication.

4, If in doubt refer to No 1.

So you two are not alone .!

You too ehh Steve :thinking: Maybe we should start a club:smiling4:

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
I really like this kind of initiative that Ark is doing, even if I am not fond of the quality of their molds by a long stretch so far. (Will try more, though!).

This sort of thing should also help some kids staying out of trouble, I could imagine, and that would make it all worth it in my eyes.

Reactions: JR