Really lost it.....................

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike, somehow I have a perfect picture of you in my mind. All dressed up in your Cammo Jammy's with a set of NODs on your head and armed with a double barreled salt shaker bucket sneaking around in the garden just before midnight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too true mate, sliding through the fresh mown grass like a true assasin, monocle magnifying glass over one eye, tounge out tasting the trail - nearly fell for their ambush, a double back and come up behind the naked lady ornament to slime me, but did a jungle roll, or was it a Swiss roll. Now strutting my stuff up the high street with their scalps on my jungle belt, old wrinklies fainting in shop doorways and David Bowie 'Golden Years' on the earplugs.... Next week I am off to the compost heap on a snail safari....

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I find that the summer months are very much a low point in the model hobbyists production. Kind of kills the jokes with the photos of people with their summer suntans and their hobbies. The model builders are always blinding white. Not true that is it.
I too have "off times" Sweating hands and warm are not to helpful while building/painting.
Having said that I have built something! More on that later. That it has taken almost 6 weeks is another story.
Enjoy the down time and you'll be at it again once the days get shorter.
Incidentally, Periods like this was exactly why I started the "Other hobbies and Interests" section. To give us all a page to run to when the MoJo has gone on holiday but you are still doing other things that you might like to share. It also gives you a good excuse to keep visiting the forum and keeping up with things.
So Dave. Fell free to share what you otherwise have been up to.
Oh, Sitting in the shade drinking cold beers is not a hobby. (sorry Ron. And John. And probably a good few others as well lol.)

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I think we all go through phases like this, we always get back into things after a while.
I moved house in May and I haven't built anything since moving, even though the man cave has been set up for weeks. It's been too warm and I've been too busy, there's still a lot to do.
Dave, with all that you have had to deal with it's not surprising the mojo has taken a hit, just relax, take it easy and enjoy the time out.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Fully understand your predicament, severe COPD, degenerating discs, AFIB, and a tree fell on me last week have put me on hold for a bit.
I do have a project 95% done, guess I should relax a bit and get it done, I know you guys can hardly wait :rolling:

Cheers Jim

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It's always a plus to view your work. Carry on, but watch out for those trees, they can be tricky. PaulE

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
It's like our kits Tony. Years and years of practice and we never get it perfectly right! The trick is to keep practising though.
I dont know dave , I seem to have got the art of buying them perfected!

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I’m with you Dave and Steve right Summer time is the worst time to build I always try to change it up and build something different or I don’t build at all.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Oh, Sitting in the shade drinking cold beers is not a hobby. (sorry Ron. And John. And probably a good few others as well lol.)
Quite right Ian. It's not a hobby. Not even life and death - It's far more important than either of those!

Ask 453...