REBUILD ,REVELL STAR TREK VOYAGER LIGHTING KIT , REMOTE CONTROL .

C

cryton 5

HELLO ALL .,
been a while health issues have layed me up ,my previous model build three year's approx has come to to untimely end damaged beyond repair so another is now back on bench since start of 2019 , this will be remote control and more enhanced model ,i was able to save stand relief as that was more expense then kit and light329980

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI James im a trekkie an really like voyger but never built her as i built the 1/350 enterprise A with lights really glad to see you have a build in progress of this vessel I will be following your thread with great intrest looking forward to more pics an while I think about it what scale is she ?
chris

C

cryton 5

HI James im a trekkie an really like voyger but never built her as i built the 1/350 enterprise A with lights really glad to see you have a build in progress of this vessel I will be following your thread with great intrest looking forward to more pics an while I think about it what scale is she ?
chris

some more up to date ,pictures from project sorry for double up . more too come plus update on materials plus lighting kit awaiting more from U S to add at present blocking light on upper section hull plus belly were housing circuit board tricky stuff ,usieing ( s m d ,leds very small but powerful hence double lighting blocking needed ,using premier to double coat inner hull on all time factor and there no time factor as before ,i found got to get right first time as plastic won't take any mistakes

C

cryton 5

chris
this come's in 1/350 scale 51 mm if any help one basic scale on this model from revell that was top off head hope this helps i'll keep you posted on and off line at moment and no home internet jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI again Jim its lookin nice as I love to light all my models up wheather its a plane or a ship or a starship an I run my 1/350 enterprise off the mains through a transformer so don't have to worry about batts are you gonna fit the 1/350 crew figures ? an I use them 2mm smd led's but got to be carefull when handlin as the wires will easyly come off .But I found if I put a tiny drop of super glue on the back of the led they will not pull off then but any way back to your voyger im lookin forward to more pics as I really enjoy startrek
chris

C

cryton 5

Hi I too have base stand custom built from states from first voyager I built ,from that I am keeping wires too a min as there are more upper hull ,navigation torpedo launch plus deflector dish ber too blue ,all will be remote control plus sound affects for above naccelles also will give warp affect ,total now £210 sterling from u s .
So for me ,time spend inhance this model for the better overlooking affect ,voyager kit wasnt molded for lighting so you have min space to work with
Too date there are 52 wires
Three circuit board one mother board .regards jim lighting blocking today rear houseing plus spray gun painting .if all goes to plan patience cuppa and relaxing music .cryton

C

cryton 5

Rear section filler aplied presanding also box stateing size of kit ,from revell .330430330431

Last edited by a moderator:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Jim well I see you have got plenty of wires in her just like my enterprise as I made her light up an the warp engines pulse along the engine nacle in a nice blue what are your wires gonna light up ? But I cannot make out what that last pic is ?
chris

C

cryton 5

voyager progress ,update rear section spayed light grey ,pre lighting check mains base stand , more coming awaiting circuit board states on route two weeks before here so plenty of time
Belly under section windows painting hanger bay ,lighting
Delta flyer and shuttle painting .330701a330702330703

C

cryton 5

Lighting test rear hanger bay shuttle ,plus delta flyer pre launch ,before final assembly

Attachments

• IMG_20190226_003220.JPG
    IMG_20190226_003220.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20190226_003425.JPG
    IMG_20190226_003425.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20190226_003456.JPG
    IMG_20190226_003456.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 9

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
lookin good I love to see models with lights as I think it brings the model to life how big is she in length an width ?
chris

C

cryton 5

Scale is stated on picture submitted 1/350 51 inches only one size from revell .
The knack is the mould isnt made for lighting this is my second
As my first came to grief last year broken beyond repair ,
So this will have more lights controled with remote and sound affects torpedo and naccles warp affect , strobe smd led s shuttle bay playing with give it the real affect ,
Done as much at present awaiting another circuit board from states
So working on other projects victory and long range dessert all ways good to have another going meantime .cry

C

cryton 5

hi voyager update
pre wiring test deflector dish ,amber blue fade in 332177332178
i have tryed to add video but unable maybe later ,is a great affect

C

cryton 5

aftrenoon ,
been prep voyager over weekend ,fitting lighting kit wires galore some pictures on lighting ,i e blocking though out plus drilling windows now drill has arrived 332476332477332478332479

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Jim the lighting looks v good ive done something similar on my enterprise an I like the way the deflecktor dish changes colour this model should look a cracker lit up on a stand have you got shuttle craft with the kit ? an I enjoyed lookin at the short vids again v-good as I cant do that my mate treid once to do a vid but it came out crap
chris

C

cryton 5

Hi ,slow steady progress ,
Answer to queation delta flyer I got from someone put in draw toughing up at moment,
Resin mold ,shuttle plus came with kit gonna do it taking off some clear circluar hold looking for min in wigth but strong enough ,at moment impacting the trillion or so wires into bottom section cutting trimming needed as I still have top section to do
The hanger bay I added static smd orange though it gives a real feel to model ,