Recon Productions 1/9 Chosin Few Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Must be nice to have had a boss you have fond memories of Tim.

As for the head on this one, well, I've stripped it down and taken a scalpel to it. I was not happy at all with my efforts and felt I could improve my future chances by trying to sort out some of the lumps and bumps. In particular I've removed a lot of the wrinkles around the eyes and smoothed off the cheeks. I think I can see a way forward, but obviously I'll have to wait for better light in the morning to see if the thing is clean enough. Hey, ho.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter,

The 1st head looked OK, but I guess you will know better being at the sharp end of the brush!

The cold/freezing look is a difficult one to get.

The red wind chill looked good, perhaps a little very light blue/purple wash for a getting a really frozen look subtly around the extremities.

Hopefully you will get some light today?

Its grey, dull and raining at the moment but Google weather does say it will stop by 9 am!

Perhaps another day, for me, with the Stug?

Have a good day and enjoy the fresher weather, it is pleasant even now at 7 am

Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend too, though they all seem to be rolling into one at the moment.

Another 2 weeks of shielding, then what next, we wonder?

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

A bit of quality control is never a bad thing. I'll give it another go today. Cooler weather and less glaring light should help.

Bank holidays seem a bit meaningless at the moment, but I bet a lot of people will be on the move.

First Name
Jason
Wow... he does look miserable... its a reminder I suppose when folk are complaining about our current woes that generations before us had it much worse!
Jason.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Jason

He's even more miserable now, as I've stripped him down and put him back in the box. Just can't seem to paint this one, so I'll try something else.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hi Jason

He's even more miserable now, as I've stripped him down and put him back in the box. Just can't seem to paint this one, so I'll try something else.

Oh dear, I was just about to post how much I liked him :tired:
Glad you haven't binned him, though, it's a fantastic sculpt.
I guess you will revisit him when the mojo is a bit higher?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Such a shame Peter, that face showed perfection of capturing being fed up, forlorn and cold
Big Greg would have loved this.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Neal - The face was very, very lumpy and quite crudely done around the eyes, and although I managed to get a reasonable finish, it was always going to bother me. I may even try to add a new head, which will mean having to sculpt a new parka hood etc. One for the future.

John - He looked a bit like I felt after hours of struggling!

• Love
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
:disappointed2:
Hi Neal - The face was very, very lumpy and quite crudely done around the eyes, and although I managed to get a reasonable finish, it was always going to bother me. I may even try to add a new head, which will mean having to sculpt a new parka hood etc. One for the future.

John - He looked a bit like I felt after hours of struggling!
Rather like me and air brush needles and seals then .:disappointed2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Looks like you will have to start sculpting these busts yourself Peter :cool: :thumb2: