Reedees 1/9 German Figure

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andrew. We've still got our 18 year old son at home. He's a good lad but very untidy.

Glad you like the figure so far.
Out of interest do you bother priming before painting? Unless I'm mistaken you haven't in this case? Do you have any problems with the paintd adhering?

ATB

Andrew

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Andrew.

No I don't use a primer. It's just another layer of paint to me, and anyway I prefer a slightly slippery surface to work on. I've never had trouble with Vallejo pigments adhering.

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Ian.

I've now got the jacket done:

100_9065 (1).JPG100_9066 (1).JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Ah the joys of being a granddaddy!
I don't know how you do it but I do believe you're getting better and better at this painting lark :smiling5: :thumb2:
Had a Christmas card today with a painting by a guy who holds the brush in his mouth. Now there's a challenge for you :rolling::hungry:
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Jim

She arrived an hour ago and the place looks like a bomb's hit it. Truly amazing.

Not too enamoured of my efforts on this one so far - hopefully a 'sum of parts' exercise. I can't even paint with my hands at the moment - how those mouth painters do it I don't know.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
You never cease to amaze me with the way you get all the right shades in the folds and creases with these figures, way beyond my skills.

Andy.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
morning Peter

The size seems to be getting to you?

It looks really good and such a super well creased and slept in jacket too.

The drapery looks great, hopefully it will look better this morning?

Its a great sculpt, which needs a skilled eye to make the most of it, and it is well on the road to achieving this.

Trousers day, today, if you get the chance!

Another cold one too, but the BBC seem to think a warm spell to come over the weekend"

Hopefully so.

Have a good day with your apprentice and the trousers

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - Thanks for looking in mate.

Andy - Quite had work at this scale. Glad you approve so far.

Morning Steve - Yes, this is getting to me a bit, though it does look better this morning. As I mentioned above, there is nowhere to hide at this scale, and I do feel that it's imperative to get it absolutely right. I'm going to lighten some of the shadows and soften some of the contrast on the front of the jacket, to see if that helps. The trousers and boots should be less problematic.

Less cold and very lively here in Kent. I'm trying to go with the flow...

Last edited by a moderator:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Enjoy her visit Peter!

How long is she with you for?

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looking good, lovely contrast with the trousers, tunic, collar and helmet, all that drapery too.

The angle of the picture from the rear makes the right hand look very big!

I guess it is just the photo angle, it looks like an Alien face hugger or Nosferatu's hand!

And yet another bread bag!

Looks like a day of accessories and family fun ahead.

Have a good day and enjoy the chaos

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

There are a few odd things about this sculpt. Apart from the hands, the thighs are way too long - hopefully the equipment will disguise some of the faults. Bloomin' enormous bread bag too - took ages to paint.

The chaos ensues chez Day - ''C'mon Gwandad, let's go!''

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter .
Can you remember the Giles Cartoons, they had one where the whole house had a system of cages with the children inside, kept Granny happy ! Just a thought;)

Love the head, the way you do the eyes is uncanny.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Always liked Giles. I went through a period of collecting the annuals a long time ago..

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Hi John and Tim. I used to get the new Giles album every Christmas when I was a kid. Very funny and a great artist.

He's getting there:

100_9082.JPG100_9083.JPG100_9084.JPG100_9085.JPG

I managed to get most of the equipment done today. I experimented a bit with its positioning in order to try and cover some of the problems with a sculpt, so that hopefully the over large left hand, for example, is less noticeable. The grenade is from the Italeri kit and came with a promising decal, which unfortunately proved to be oversized.

Just the rifle and right hand to do now.