Reedees 1/9 German Figure

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work as always Peter. I had noticed the hand too but assumed it was the angle. Hope the other one is more to scale.

ATB

Andrew

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Equipment looks as good as ever Peter. Home straight now.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Crikey Peter, how did i miss this beauty ?

looks blinking stunning buddy, i love it. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Andrew - The other hand looks more reasonable. I'm trying to decide whether it will hold the rifle or not.

Tim - Cheers. Quite a lot of 'input' from my granddaughter today, which nearly caused the thing to hit the wall.

Chris - Glad you approve. One more session should do it.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
It's great to see the shading-progress in your pictures Peter, it's a beautiful art :thumb2: Very nice.
Steven

Reactions: JR

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looks good with all the equipment and all discretely covering the little odd bits!

Should be another fun filled day with your apprentice and the last of the bits and basing the figure.

Not quite as warm as the BBC forecast and grey and dull

Have a good day with the paints and family

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Peter - Many thanks.

Steven - Thank you. I still need to refine some areas of the jacket.

Steve - If I can just manage to grab a couple of hours I may be able to get this finished. The nipper is being very demanding to say the least - the 'terrible twos'' in full swing. And yes, certainly is the bleak midwinter.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I remember the terrible two’s.....I think our record was a three and a half hour tantrum under the kitchen table. Shopping at Tesco with a screaming kicking toddler on my shoulder was quite interesting as well....
Figure is coming along nicely by the way....

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Peter,

Enjoy her while you can as they grow up so fast. I'm sure you will get a some time to finish this great figure up. I too love your equipment colors. The stick grenade head is spot on in the green you used. I looked at my 1/1 (not live), and it's a perfect match....

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 6559

Tim - I think we were quite lucky with our three. I remember a few strops for sure, but no temper tantrums. These episodes with the granddaughter are a new thing for me.

Allen - Remi was dragged screaming away from my painting table at one point, but progress was had. Good to hear that I got the colour of the grenade right - pity the decal was no good.

OK then, here he is:

100_9093.JPG100_9094.JPG100_9095.JPG100_9092.JPG

Just the right hand and rifle to paint today, but doing so and fixing them into position seemed to take a long while. The only real option for the rifle was to have him holding it, and although the hand is not entirely suited to that, I think it looks reasonably OK. The strap was made from thick paper with a metal foil clasp.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Fantastic finish Peter! It all comes together really well in my eyes. Good fix with the hand too......

Don't worry about the decal, as nobody reads the directions in war anyway....As to the pose, it seems his back hurts a lot more than his piles.....

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 6559

Glad you like him Allen. He is standing a bit funny.....

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Lovely paintwork Peter! :thumb2:
Looks 'very' 'ok' indeed!
Steven

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Granddaddy Peter
Beautifully painted although I agree that the pose is odd.

Personally I don't think it is the little ones that change it is us just getting older

Jim

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

A great finish and the sum of the parts is greater than the whole and we shouldn't forget just how big the one is!

After all your 1/16 figures, a 1/9 doesn't allow for any mistakes.

Well done, Peter.

Whatever next on the bench?

Something seasonal?

Enjoy the paints and hopefully your apprentice will be gentle with you

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

It was a strange experience working on a full figure at this scale. You tend to focus in as much as with a 1/16 figure but pulling out doesn't help to tie the details together as well.

I had a day off yesterday to go to the garden centre to buy a Christmas tree, which all went well until the wee one got to the tantrum stage. I've warned everyone that I'm having some bench time today.