Renault Magnum - Smashed!!!!

First Name
Charles
OK. Started another project while I waited for some items to continue my 'Proud' project, which has been on hold for some time. I hope to get the items soon. This project, like all my other projects, had to be different. :smiling3: This one I call - Smashed! I looked at many pics of different truck crashes and went on from there. Enjoy the photos.

H

Hunty22

Great stuff. I really like your work on these lorries! 5* from me fella.

B

Boldman

Another fantastic model! The settings you put your models in really add to the interest, I'm very very impressed!

B

backonthecase

Brilliant model again tiking, and something we don't see every day!

Please allow me to ask how did you create the grease on the trailer coupler? It looks really convincing!

Stuart

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Brilliant model again tiking, and something we don't see every day!Please allow me to ask how did you create the grease on the trailer coupler? It looks really convincing!

Stuart
Thanks Stuart. The grease is simply a mixture of old machine grease, used to lubricate them(from my work place. I work in a steel factory) and a mixture of black paint mixed with a little black pigment. I just mixed everything with a Q-tip and applied.

B

backonthecase

Nothing like the real thing huh! Looks brilliant, the whole scene is fascinating! Well done

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hey Charles, with such excellent building skills, I'm sure you could fix it and get it looking like new! :lol

Gern

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Hey Charles, with such excellent building skills, I'm sure you could fix it and get it looking like new! :lolGern
Ha Ha Ha...Good one. But I doubt it even with my skills. ;)

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Hi,it looks fantastic and so realistic, may I ask how did you do the damaged parts please...

Andy...
Hi again Andy. I used a lighter to warm up the plastic and then used a pair of tweezers to pull, twist and indent the areas I wanted the effect to be. :smiling3: I made new touch ups of the is model since these photos were taken. I've added tape and bend the hand rails on the side that is damaged.

C

Curtis

110% brilliant!

Definitely something you don't see every day! Great thinking. I especially like the scratches and dents on the fuel tank.