Resin tatra thingy

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks guys so far so good ,is it just me or do some of you suffer from the paint never seems to be at the point you think your pointing the airbrush ,I'm buggered if I can get my aim in still showed it some gray today, it will I'm sure settle down when the filter coat is applied ,stay safe and if poss enjoy the weekend. 20210108_160700.jpg
20210108_160245.jpg
20210108_160210.jpg
So small hardly seemed worth the paint, so I'd built this at the same time ,colour call out in the box said panzer gray so two birds with one tone(did you see what I did there) .I'll see how it goes ,I'll keep a log on it maybe later I'll stick it in the scifi bit ,maybe. 20210108_155825.jpg
Cheers Dave.

D

Deleted member 5496

I know I've clicked the like buttons but its not the same as saying thanks so thank you all for your kind comments should get some more done over the weekend. Dave

Totally agree David. If someone has taken the time that is very nice & deserves, & I enjoy, thanking them.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I wouldn't worry David, I put a coat of black for pre shading and when I top coated it I can't see any of the shading :smiling3: Yours looks the part.:thumb2:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I wouldn't worry David, I put a coat of black for pre shading and when I top coated it I can't see any of the shading :smiling3: Yours looks the part.:thumb2:
Thanks John, the last few builds I've stop pre and post shading I start dark and work my way through to the lightest ,plus heavily thinned 60 thinners 40 paint even 70 30 makes it quite translucent. Dave

D

Deleted member 7181

Is it wrong to say I'm more interested in the sci-fi thingummybob? :smiling5:

Both are looking great though David. I'm never usually bold enough with my shading but those are spot on.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Is it wrong to say I'm more interested in the sci-fi thingummybob? :smiling5:

Both are looking great though David. I'm never usually bold enough with my shading but those are spot on.
Andy its made by meng from a Chinese film called the wandering earth I think ?. No scale two sprues and a couple of body parts snap fit under a hour to build ,still I don't suppose this is the place I'll see how it shapes up over the next few sessions and maybe put it up in the scifi section. Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks John, the last few builds I've stop pre and post shading I start dark and work my way through to the lightest ,plus heavily thinned 60 thinners 40 paint even 70 30 makes it quite translucent. Dave
Thanks David, I shall try that, think I laid on too much paint, maybe a little thick in the mix, and of course being excited that the tip didn't clog up !

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks David, I shall try that, think I laid on too much paint, maybe a little thick in the mix, and of course being excited that the tip didn't clog up !
Ah that old chestnut i dont and won't use their paint.........still every man to his own as they say. Dave