Resolved Fujimi Models Complaint

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Guys and Gals,

Well, I have posted my complaint with Minicraft model co. here in the forum and all the details and correspondance thus far with them and decided to go ahead and post the correspondance I had with Fujimi Models about 1 1/2 to 2 months ago.

Although this particular complaint was resolved to my satisfaction, I thought that it only fair to post it and at the same time I thought that for future refference, posting it would provide others with some Idea what such correspondance might or might not achieve.

So here is my original letter to Fujimi Models:

RE: complaint with injection molded part from fujimi model no# 33006- 1/72 -2400 RH-53 SIKORSKY SEASTALLION

Dear Sirs,

I recently purchased the above mentioned Plastic model kit of the RH-53 SIKORSKY SEASTALLION (FUJIMI PART NUMBER 33006- 1/72 -2400 ) From a distributor/Hobby shop here in the United States. The Distributor/hobby shop was SQUADRON MAIL ORDER, 1115 CROWLEY DRIVE, CARROLITON, TEXAS 75006 1312.

I purchased this model for the sum of $34.98 (US DOLLARS). After purchasing the required paints and glue to assemble this model, and after diligently painting all the parts prior to assembly, I discovered a molding defect in SPRUE "A" . specifically in the fit between the two halves of the helicopter body.

It would appear that the right half of the helicopter body was removed before it cooled completely in the mold. causing a warping of the part. This warping resulted in the two halves of the helicopter body not fitting together properly. Actually, the parts do not fit together at all. I am quite good at being able to use filler putty to fill in gaps in molding and alignment defects, but this defect is too much for me to repair.

And since I have already opened the model kit as well as painted all the parts, returning the kit to the place of purchase is not an option.

Therefore, I respectfully ask that your company make good on this kit and or part by providing me with a replacement for either "sprue "A" from the kit or another kit of this type.

I purchased this kit due to reviews which I had read on the internet and due to a display model I have seen at another local hobbyshop. I truly believe that this would be a model I would enjoy building given the chance. However, this is my first dealings with any model made by your company and with this mishapen part, it has not set a good example as to the quality of your products. However, I am more than willing to re examine my "first impressions" of your products if you would be so kind as to remedy this unfortunate flaw in manufacturing and replace the part or kit in question.

Please allow me to speak informally at this point. I really liked the overall looks and appearance of this model kit. The subject matter is also of the highest quality, the box art work was outstanding and the instructions, although multilingual, were satisfactory in providing directions that are easy to understand. The instructional illustrations are of the highest quality and are very susinct and concise. There are other models by other manufacturers of the same subject (CH 53 Sea Stallion) but I chose yours due to the aforementioned reasons.

Now I can just go and purchase another model of this subject by another manufacturer, but I feel as though your company cares about quality and has a concern for the end user. Therefore I will end this letter with an open invitation for you or your customer service / Quality Assurance representitives to contact me.

Please feel free to contact me via email at: GEEDUBBYA@prodigy.net

I can be contacted by phone at (870) *** **** during normal business hours. If you would prefer to contact me by mail, my mailing address is :

GREG WORSHAM

*** WEST **TH AVE.

PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS, USA

71603-3705

Thank you in advance for your considerations,

Sincerely yours,

Greg Worsham

*NOTE: I did edit my phone number and street address for obvious reason in the forum posting here.

Now Fujimi's Reply:

Dear Mr. Greg Worsham,

Thank for your e-mail concerning your kit. We are sorry for your parts for #33006, RH-53 SIKORSKY SEASTALLION.

As you requested, we are sending you the part free of charge. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and hope this does not deter you from purchasing futher Fujimi Products in the future.

Thank you for choosing Fujimi and we hope you can enjoy assenbling our future kits.

Yours sincerely,

Tomoko Maruyama

Fujimi Mokei co., Ltd

My reply to the above letter:

TO: Tomoko Maruyama

Fujimi Mokei co., Ltd.

I wish to thank you for your prompt reply to my email concerning the model I recently purchased. The Kit looks wonderful and I am very enthusiastic about building it.

As I said before, there are many models of the CH/RH 53 SeaStallion, however, it was your companies box art that caught my attention and therefore caused me to buy the kit. Again, I am very impressed with your timely response and resolution to my problem, please be aware that I will do what I can to promote your model kits and your companies courtesy in replying to consumers.

Thank you again,

Greg Worsham

And finally my reply to Fujimi upon reciept of the parts:

Dear Tomoko Maruyama,

I just wanted to inform you that I did recieve the model parts you sent to me in reply to my complaint concerning the RH53D helicopter model.

I also wanted to thank you again for your prompt, courteous service when dealing with my complaint. I wish all companies took as good of care with their customers as you have. .

I am a member of a British model forum, approx. 1,000 members strong at to which I will mention your companies graciuosness.

Have a good day and best wishes to you and your company,

Greg Worsham

>>>>NOTE: The representitive did what was stated in their original reply and did so in a gracious and prompt manner. I then, in return, did what I said I would do and promoted the Fujimi model co. in one of my earliest posting here in the forum.

Again, I wish to say that these companies can only correct problems if they are aware of a problem, so, if you have missing pieces, badly deformed or warped pieces, please look up the companies contact info online and let them know that there is a problem. This will not only benifit you, but it will benifit all modelers thru increased attention to quality at the manufacturers factories.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Also note the "plug" I gave the forum, even though I had the membership number wrong lol, if these model companies know we are talking among ourselves, they will soon realize that "word of mouth" is no longer something shared between two people, but with the internet, something said by "word of mouth" can be "heard" all over the world.

Companies dislike negative publicity and Company representitives who deal with customer complaints dislike it even more....its up to them to remedy the situation before word of the complaint spreads. So, they in turn, decide on an immiediate remedy and then have the factory personel remedy the underlying problem........poor quality control. Its similar to stomping out small fires, you need to stomp them out before they become Big fires, the trick is to get to the point where there are NO fires (complaints) to stomp out (quality products).

Have a good day, and thanks for taking time to read something that was already "history" when it was posted.

Greg

Ps: if you had or are having an experience with a model compay, make a new thread and tell us about it. There is strength in numbers. Please be sure to report all problems with models to the manufacturers, it really does benifit us all.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Excellent Greg,and once more you have received a very positive answer and settlement from this company,if only other companies ( who will remain nameless at this point ) would follow suite and realise that as modellers we spend our hard earned cash and keep them in business,by pushing letters at the bottom of the in-box and ignoring us is just not acceptable,with more and more models being purchased via long distance sources the need for customer care is even more valid,another thing has come out of this,whatever you do,do not accept second best,if a part is missing or warped then you have the right to complain and request assistance,as Greg says let them know about the problem,I particularly like your end piece about small and big fires,how true this is.

I have a few horror stories to tell but for the time being will allow the current one to resolve,hopefully happily.

U

unshadow

Fujimi problems

Hi GEEDUBBY

I read your mails to fujimi in Scale-Models´s forum. I try to requestt some replacements parts, but I can´t get the fijimi´s e-mail adrress. Could you send me the e-mail please.

Thank you

Rodrigo Bernal

Quito-Ecuador

padbernal@hotmail.com