Respite from battle

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
nice job scott , lovely feeling of calm before the storm. Tell me how did you find painting the 1/48 figures compared to your usual 1/35? My fave pic has got to be no 16, the two blokes in the deck chairs just lording it over the ground crew ,brilliant! pity you couldnt have got them a couple of 1/48 ice creams too!!!!!!! cheers mate tony

R

Richy C

I 2nd what Tony said nice work mate, when I done my pilot that was hard enough your figures look good pal ,

Richy

N

noble

thanks for the nice comments guys, i must admit the 1/48 were a little more fiddly but generally i found them ok to paint. It does help that there is plenty of detail on them and as usual used oil paint to do the skin tones.

scott

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Cracking job Scott, lovin' it mate. You can just imagine them having five minutes telling everyone of their latest kill.

:grinball2: John

A

AVB99

As a person who is new to modelling you (and the others) continue to give me and people like me, something to aspire to Steve.The weathering and distressing of the aircraft are amazing - the plane looks like it has really been through the wars (no pun intended) - brilliant!

Aidan

C

colprit

Well done Steve yet another great example for us all to aspire to, I agree with tony just love the two guys in deckchairs and in one of the photo's it looks like all thats missing is the beach. Great work.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice little dio there! A real chill out time for the guys in the deck chairs!

I think while sitting there, they should maybee say to the ground crew that they might take a look at the prop.

What make are the figures? The thought of painting 1/48 figures are a bit scary. But I now know that it can be done!

Well done Scott.

F

Fenlander

Yet another great example of thinking outside of the box Scott. Great idea very well executed. love the idea of the crew at rest. You need to do one of a Spitfire now with all the crew playing Cricket lol

N

noble

Cheers for all the great comments guys i appreciate it a lot i must admit the FW190 turned out way better than anticipated i have to say i actually like this one just say the figures and thought they would look good in a little airfield scene. Had been watching the film the battle of britain the other day and wish i hadd a few other bits to put in fuel drums and amo boxes..... oh well will maybe get around to scratch building these in the near future. I have to say i do like the 1/48 scale especially in aircraft i could become a convert lol. Oh ND Fen watch this space i was thinking a hurricane rather than spitfire but you never know.

thanks again all

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm just back from a few day's away so I am only now catching up on the threads.

Scott, it's great to see this finished.

Apart from the great build, a lot of thought and imagination has gone in to it. Small diorama, big story!!

Very well done.

Ron

B

backonthecase

I agree with Ron here Scott this is a great dio - lots of interest in a small space. The weathering on the Fw is really nice and I couldn't think of painting 48 scale figures, never mind paint them as well as you have with these!!

Stuart

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Nice job, great little dio, the guys in the deck chairs look great :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A great model, well executed, but those two sitting in the deck chairs really made me smile. Nice one.

N

noble

Cheers to all you guys who have commented on this thanks very much indeed.

scott

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great scene Scott, nice figure painting - must try oils myself in future!

Top notch

Paul

N

noble

Thanks for the great comments paul and iam glad you viewed and liked it

Ta much

scott