Revel 1/48 - Lockheed Ventura MkII - RAF

First Name
Gary
Kit numbered 85-5533 and I got it as a damaged box so half price from Creative Models. First thing to say is the box art looks dated and the kit was made in the Czech republic and the instructions are a bit, dated. But to be fair they are very clear and some useful guides on order of fitting. Detail of the sprues is quite superb and there is a lot of clear plastic in the kit. One thing of note is the kit contains a very comprehensive set of pre cut masking sheets. Not numbered like Tamiya but there is an excellent guide in the instructions. So far I am very impressed and I am just assembling some bits and pieces before tackling the model properly.

VenBox.jpg

VenSprues.jpg

Two sprues in each packet. Lots of parts

VenMasks.jpg

I've already used some as you can see. They really are very nice and very easy to use.I removed the surrounds of the masks before I realsed I should have left them there and just lifted each one as I need it. Nicely done set though and a real bonus as the clear is quite complex to paint and protect in places

Last edited:
First Name
Gary
First off I have to say this is the best model in terms of fit and quality I have done to date. Beats Tamiya and all the rest. Why this should be on what looks like a current but old mold model I don't know. Detail is good, but the fit of every single component is quite superb. No filler required, no effort to crowbar bits together and everything is a pretty exact fit. Clear plastic is execeptional as well and there are plenty of interesting sub builds and detail to get on with. I'm baffled.

I've done some macro photography of the cockpit to have a play.... with some creative depth of field

So far.....

Ven Cockpit 2.jpg

Ven Cockpit 3.jpg

Ven Cockpit 4.jpg

Ven Cockpit1.jpg

Pre Paint masking for underside begins

Ven Pre Paint 1.jpg

Ven Pre Paint 2.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's nice to hear of an old kit going together well. That 'pit does look very nice.