• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great recovery Andy , something I’ve done in the past although in my case it wasn’t silvering it was the fact the aircraft was brilliant gloss white and the decals were old and the carrier film had yellowed. The old Airfix shorts skyvan in Olympic airlines livery , had to paint around all the lettering - very tricky ! Are you going to mask and paint the walkway lines or just leave as is ? Cheers tony

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Gary.

I think I'll be doing the lines Tony. I wanted to wait and see how the markings turned out first, and since they are a success I'll get back to the other things.

D

Deleted member 7181

So Ron throws his version of this up in to the air and it looks magnificent, while I smash bits off mine from the safety of the shed :smiling5:

jLAnqYe.jpg

Having a really bad day as I also managed to ruin my FW190 while trying to put the decals on

rZIf83r.jpg

Oh well, at least that's two less kits I have to worry about finishing lol.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Have a break, then come back to them tomorrow and assess what needs doing. Both look recoverable to me. In between time, don’t handle anything else fragile......you’re on a roll at the moment, so try to break the streak!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Chin up Andy. Ask me how many times I've knocked the gun barrels off my Lanc.?

I've only started the 'fiddly bits' an hour ago- And done it again!

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Throwing it up in the air seems like a high risk technique! Nerves of steel and balls of brass required!

Could you dangle it from a broom handle instead to reduce the anxiety?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I looked at the Lancaster and thought, “Something doesn’t look right, but what?” and only then did it dawn on me it only had one engine. Then I noticed the bare plastic where the second one should be :smiling3:

As for the Fw 190: that looks like the decal is just coloured bands around the fuselage, right? At least that’s pretty much the easiest kind of decal to paint on instead, so it should be fixable if you can mask it without damaging the Balkenkreuz.