Revell 1/100 Apollo 11 Command Module

D

Deleted member 4203

This is a quite recent build of mine, I made it just a few days ago that I thought was one of my best, but I would like to hear what you guys have to say :D ;)

PS: The third one is the only picture I have of it finished completely ;)

PPS: The second one looks a bit dodgy because I accidentally got glue all over it :eek::confused: :smiling3:

View attachment 96757

View attachment 96758

View attachment 96759

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Blair if you don't mind me asking could you post some clearer photos please , I can see something but I don't know if it's pard of the model or not

Sorry to be a pain :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm really sorry to be an ass but it's still fuzzy I need a crisp clear photo to really give an opinion

Sorry Blair

D

Deleted member 4203

By the way, the red cord you might see is what I use to hang my planes, etc from the roof :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Much better mate what I thought was a seam looks like a seal on the craft so there's no problem there

Did you do the weathering on the body as it looks very realistic like it's got some imperfections in the steel wich looks very good if not and its a brush mark then you've achieved a good look by accident :smiling3:

I do this all the time especially when using metallics :D

D

Deleted member 4203

No I didn't do weathering on it at all actually :confused: It had almost a slight blue tint to it on the box, so I mixed the silver Revell paint with a hint of clear blue from Revell also, and I didn't realise how thick it turned out to be until I was on the last coat :eek: But I kept going with it and it turned out to look good I guess, It must also be brushmarks in the thick paint that you're seeing also, thanks for your opinion on it though as it always helps :D ;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
One thing that this would benefit from is AB or rattle can. It looks good, in fact I rather like it, as good old Al likes battered in reality it wouldn't look too worn-except on re-entry :D

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Adrian
It's very hard to get a smooth finish if your not using air brushes or rattle cans I know, but if I could just say there would be no imperfections on the capsule at all, the main body would be aluminium finished and the re-entry capsule would be a very highly polished chrome. If your brush painting metal finishes might I suggest the Mr Hobby Metal colours, they can be brushed and once dry you can buff them up to a level of shine you require :smiling3:

I used Alclad II paints on my build, this was before I discovered Mr Hobby paints :smiling3:

View attachment 106209

Hope this helps

Adrian

009.JPG

D

Deleted member 4203

\ said:
It's very hard to get a smooth finish if your not using air brushes or rattle cans I know, but if I could just say there would be no imperfections on the capsule at all, the main body would be aluminium finished and the re-entry capsule would be a very highly polished chrome. If your brush painting metal finishes might I suggest the Mr Hobby Metal colours, they can be brushed and once dry you can buff them up to a level of shine you require :smiling3:
I used Alclad II paints on my build, this was before I discovered Mr Hobby paints :smiling3:

View attachment 116609

Hope this helps

Adrian
Thanks, looks pretty good, I'll take a look for those paints at some point :smiling3: ;) :D

Last edited: