Revell 1\144 Fletcher class destroyer platinum edition (the adventure begins)

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
As most of my ship builds are nearing the end it's time for another challenge this time it comes with a bucket of PE and brass plus four double sided plans for PE alone and over 1000 plastic parts so god knows what the PE takes it to.
Here's a few pics of what I have to contend with.

Attachments

• P1040705.JPG
    P1040705.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 56
  • P1040707.JPG
    P1040707.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 55
  • P1040708.JPG
    P1040708.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 55
  • P1040711.JPG
    P1040711.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 53

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
So what d'you reckon Pete? Finished by, say, Tuesday next week? Any later and we'll be thinking you're slowing down!:smiling:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
So what d'you reckon Pete? Finished by, say, Tuesday next week? Any later and we'll be thinking you're slowing down!:smiling:
I think it will a lot longer as my mojo for kits is on the wain as I can only seem to manage a couple of hours a day with out getting bored.

G

Graham D

I will be following this build with interest as I have just bought this kit. It came with 2 left hull pieces. When I contacted Revell, they said they did not have any spares as it is no longer in production. Luckily the shop I bought it from had another kit in stock and replaced it.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I will be following this build with interest as I have just bought this kit. It came with 2 left hull pieces. When I contacted Revell, they said they did not have any spares as it is no longer in production. Luckily the shop I bought it from had another kit in stock and replaced it.
Somebody, somewhere, has two right hull sides...

Pete

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
A huge amount of work with all that PE but the end result will be stunning. Great start. Love the funnel.
Jim

First Name
Wouter
Nice work on the DD so far mate. What brand is the PE set? Looking at the instructions I'd say Pontos Model?

Cheers

First Name
Wouter
Ah, they probably produced it for Revell then. Well, it's great quality etch, I can tell you that. Looking forward to see more!

Cheers

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Peter

There is an incredible amount of detail for you to get your teeth into. Glad I found your build in time. Good luck

Steve

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter what happening on this build ? as you have done a wonderfull job on her so far be nice to see her finished
chris

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
HI Peter what happening on this build ? as you have done a wonderfull job on her so far be nice to see her finished
chris
To be honest I had forgotten all about it as it's currently at the bottom of the stash.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks to be a great kit. Beautiful work so far. The instructions look amazing. PaulE

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Now no longer at the bottom of the pile as I have just dug it out and will be continuing pics to follow soon.