Revell 1/144 Schnellboot Fast Attack Boat.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Another dry fit to test the parts before I start thowing sticky stuff at it.
51426920552_9c5f08bbdf_b.jpg
I know the colours are not correct but I was not going to invest in new paints for a model that could well have had a 50% chance of going in the bin. I am starting to enjoy this new part of the hobby and have learned a few new things, like stay away from floaty things, only joking there but I think I will need another practice ship before I attempt the Snowberry or Spanner 570 will never forgive me.

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I forgot to say in my last post that there will be no progress on this model, or any other for the next week as I am off on the bike on Tuesday down to visit a friend at Deene in Northamptonshire for 2 days and then over to Wentnor in Shropshire for a 4 day bike meet so that will be the best part of 800 miles, hope the weather stays good as the bike meet is under canvas.

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
LOOKIN VERY GOOD Andy an is comin on very well an i think you will make out well to be a floaty kid an fit right in in the floaty section with Bob 'Ron ' Greg ' Dave' Jim' Peter ' an me so keep on chuggin an im dissapointed no more work on this for a while but you have fun on your bike tour an be carefull when you get back please get straight back into this build as we will be waiting
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Andy great lookin bike ride safe an have a great time out at the bike meet an come back so we can see that boat finished
ATB chris an jen

Reactions: JR

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
After searching through my paint shelf I have found some that will do the job, dark sea grey for the decks and neutral grey for the hull and superstructures. Repainted the decks and they look a lot better now.
View attachment 432740
Unfortunately all the sticky up bits are the same colour as the hull so that will mean a lot of masking as I have a habit of thinning my paints for the airbrush as soon as I open them so brush painting will not be the way to go with Tamiya.

Andy.

I have found that the thinned tamiya paint actually brush paints loads better than the un-thinned stuff.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well, after being out on the bike almost every day for 2 weeks I decided to get back to modelling and the boat. A brand new discipline so far out of my comfort zone I have decided to give it a rest for a while and do something else before I was tempted to throw it in the bin. Don't worry, I will get it done by working on it for short periods while doing something more my style to calm me down. ;)

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well this floaty thing as been looking at me from the far corner of the bench for a while now so I thought I would try to do a little more to see how it goes. I need a boat builders opinion as to whether I have got the waterline right as doesn't look right to me, but what do I know? 51629930740_bf9b8bd7cc_b.jpg
Perhaps this type of model is not for me, but I will do some more work to try and save it from the bin.

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well this floaty thing as been looking at me from the far corner of the bench for a while now so I thought I would try to do a little more to see how it goes. I need a boat builders opinion as to whether I have got the waterline right as doesn't look right to me, but what do I know? View attachment 437009
Perhaps this type of model is not for me, but I will do some more work to try and save it from the bin.

Andy.
HI Andy your water line i think looks a shy low at the bow the pointy end just raise the black up a little an then it would look ok but see what others think but have a look at my norfolk an you can see the black water line curves upwards hope you dont mind my pic on your thread if you do i'll remove it
chris
IMG_3721.JPG

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks for the info Chris but as the black line is a decal it will have to stay and no worries about you posting the picture in my thread.

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OK Andy if its a decal cant you just add matt black in a curve goin up about a quater of an inch as to me looking at your boat its looks like that it started to go down about midships along the hull an how long is your hull ?
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks good to me Andy right or wrong , so please continue . I admire any one having a go outside of their comfort zone .
Onward brother onward .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Keep at it Andy. It's looking ok to me. Not that I'm a boaty expert.

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Andy,
I reckon that Chris is right BUT It would take a lot of work to correct what is a pretty minor point. I'd say go on and complete!!!!
Dave
SEE Andy Dave aggrees to finish the model so please please dont bin it as i would like to see her completed as ive just an idea ive got in my mind but this would make a really nice R/C model in 1/72 scale or 1/48th an if you finish your model i can see if its worth thinking about if im not too old by then lol
:thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
chris