Revell 1/144 Trinity House 'South Goodwin' Lightship

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Murfie... :thumb2:

Almost all of the deck fittings had to be reshaped from the 'Globs' that were on the sprues. I've also scratched some of the parts that were missing.

All getting a bit crowded now. an awful lot of bits just to keep a light bulb lit!
P1280585.JPG

P1280586.JPG

P1280587.JPG

P1280588.JPG

P1280590.JPG

P1280589.JPG

P1280584.JPG

I'll be painting all the detail once all the parts are glued in place.

Cheers.
Ron

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking very busy Ron. Does seem a little over complicated. These weren't even self powered were they? The engines were just to power the light.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Looking very good. Out of interest where will the light go? I see a ring of triangular upright thingies in the middle. Is that the spot?

ATB

Andrew

Last edited:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I'm not a ship guy Ron, as you know, but you have a way of bringing them to life that
tunes me in. Great work so far, as always.

Jim.

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ooh I like this 'un lad. All my models, no red anywhere, except a Ferrari which accidentally had the engine stuck on the front. Misspent youth.

As a Yorkshireman, a seafarer at heart. Haven't seen many lighthouses on the canal, but there's a few trolleys and half a goose. Gap in market I reckon.

Loving your work, nice to see summats different where camouflage would be a disadvantage.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the positive input, chaps.

Andrew. Correct, give that man a coconut!
The light tower does fit against those "Triangular thingies" A better name I couldn't have come up with.

...and what a ball ache it is! To ensure a good fit, just try cleaning up, straightening and then dry fitting 6 bits of recalcitrant plastic in a circle.... :dizzy:

On top of which, each piece had to sit perfectly on one half of those dark triangles to ensure the next glued on the remaining half - And so on, all the way around. And finally just hoping the last piece of the structure slotted into the remaining space and kept tight to the triangles all around.

But, hey, we is modellers, right?

5 sides in position.
P1280593.JPG

Access ladder fixed. Nearly all the gaps between the rungs were caked in plastic.
P1280594.JPG

All 6 sides finally glued together.
P1280596.JPG

P1280597.JPG

...a few more diddy bits added. Bl***y dust!
P1280592.JPG

Cheers and thanks for looking in.

Trinity House. (Lighthouse looker afterers and other maritime duties extraordinaire)

Or as it was originally called...
'The Master Wardens and Assistants of the Guild Fraternity or Brotherhood of the most glorious and undivided Trinity and of St. Clement, in the parish of Deptford Strond in the County of Kent'

....and I kid you not!

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Looking very good indeed. By that really is coming together nicely.

ATB

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
TOP work Ron very nice indeed :thinking: are you fittin in a flashin white led ? so my tiger wont run aground ? lol:rolling::smiling: chris

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant posts, boys! Thank you.

Chris. No lights I'm afraid. When you find out your 'Tiger' is about to run aground on Goodwin Sands, can you give the crew of the lightship a bit of warning? Not for them to clear off out of the way in the rowing boats, but to give them time to make a heap of bacon sarnies for your crew!

Pete. Gussets? It's not that bad a model is it? :tongue-out3:

Tim. I remember 'Useless Eustace' from my early days. He was a cartoon character in the Daily Mirror, wasn't he?

All this reference to seagull s**t makes me start to consider splattering the ship with the stuff, as part of the weathering process. :thinking:

Thanks again chaps. All good fun.

Yours.
Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Ice cream nicker, par excellence)