Revell 1/24 BMW M3 DTM 2012 " Bruno Spengler " - completed

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This should have been finished yesterday - but when I came to fit the rear tail light covers - I could only find the right piece.I know I had it, because tey were clear parts that were painted with Tamiya Transparent Red. I've spent an hour or so on my knees looking for this, but the carpet monster has done a good job!
DSCF3304.JPGDSCF3305.JPGDSCF3306.JPGDSCF3307.JPGDSCF3308.JPGDSCF3309.JPGDSCF3310.JPGDSCF3311.JPGDSCF3312.JPG
I hope the piece will turn up eventually, so I can really finish this.
I got this as a part built, poorly painted lot off ebay. The engine & chassis were essentially complete to a good standard - the bodywork, however was pants........so I rubbed it all back, with sanding sponges & w&d paper, and carefully resprayed. Rather than detailing the engine, I decided to keep the bonnet closed.
The Revell model is very good the fit is excellent, the detail being just right, the windows being the best fitting individual panes on a car I've ever made. there are a lot of decals, and I confess that I left off some of the tinier ones. Decal solution is essential & it took me several sessions to apply them - then sealing them all in with several coats of Humbrol Clear Gloss.
I enjoyed this a lot, so much so, that I looked for the alternative all-white Revell boxing. Not a hope, I couldn't find either the white, or black version for sale, anywhere. The only chance will be ebay, but the scarcity of this model means that prices will be high.
Thanks for dropping by ( still annoyed about that piece going missing! ),
Dave

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great finish Dave. Looks nice. Enjoyed the build.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
The lost bits will turn up in the mose unexpected place as soon as you give up looking. :tongue-out3:
Considering the terrible paint on the body when you bought it I reckon that has turned out really well. Plenty of decals to keep you busy.
Jim