Revell 1/24 Ferrari Enzo

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
So tonight I've been trying to decide on the body colour. These are the choices.

MVIMG_20190517_214006.jpg

My girls both like the titanium silver (middle). I like the blue, but the other Ferrari I built is also blue, so that's probably out.

IMG_20190516_190650.jpg

The gold is my least favourite, unless I was building it for the Sultan of Brunei. :smiling3:

Decisions decisions.

D

Deleted member 7181

Out of those it would be the gunmetal for me, with the titanium as a second choice.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers for the input guys.

Mark, the gunmetal was my favourite, but having now seen it in silver I really like that.

Mark, I really wanted to do a metallic so yellow isn't an option. The green would look nice on a Lamborghini. :smiling3:

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Cheers for the input guys.

Mark, the gunmetal was my favourite, but having now seen it in silver I really like that.

Mark, I really wanted to do a metallic so yellow isn't an option. The green would look nice on a Lamborghini. :smiling3:
Hi, I think I'm a bit biased to the green as I have an Mercedes AMG a class in elheit green unfortunately it seems to be only available on the Mercedes GTR now, must start saving my pennies.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
All coming on a treat. Love those wheels. I am sure it will look well in whatever colour you decide. I like silver.
Jim

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers guys. :smiling3:

It went down well, I'll post pics tomorrow after glossing.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
Very nice choice of colour. I am sure your idea of another gloss coat and a polish will be worth a go.
Jim

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Jim. :smiling3:

It actually feels completely smooth so I'm not sure if it's just the metallic finish, but I'll give it another gloss coat anyway.

D

Deleted member 7181

It could be down to the metallic colour.

The aluminium flakes within it can leave a rougher surface than a regular solid colour so they often need extra depth of clearcoat / varnish to level out that unevenness and produce a good gloss.

Really like the colour though.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Bob,
You’ve made a cracking job of the build and paint, all looking very good :thumb2:
I’ve only ever built one car, which was metallic paint and had similar problem getting a nice shiny look. Hope you can get it as you want it to look:thinking:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Good choice on the colour Bob, hope you can get to the finish you want but it still looks great as it is.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers guys. :smiling3:

I agree with Andy, the metallic flakes might make getting a deep gloss more difficult than with a solid colour.

I've actually decided to put the decals on first, I'll leave them to dry for a few hours then hit it with the gloss again