Revell 1/24 Ferrari F 310B 1997 Formula 1 completed

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
past the chequered flag....................
DSCF3283.JPGDSCF3284.JPGDSCF3285.JPGDSCF3288.JPGDSCF3287.JPGDSCF3290.JPG
DSCF3289.JPG
Nice little build, only marred by an inexplicable paint failure, which needed a complete strip back.
The Revell 1/24 Formula One cars can't be compared to the Tamiya 1/20 series, they are simplified & don't have many parts. The Tammy models are much more detailed ( and more expensive ), but with the engine hidden from view with the ( non-removable ) bodywork the Revell models are a very good kerbside model. They are simple to make & a beginner could skip all the painting & apply the decals over the bare plastic.
Sadly these models have long been out of production, and are becoming scarce. Consequently they are fetching high prices.
I was lucky enough to get this as part of an unboxed ebay lot which included a part built Ferrari F50 - the seller couldn't guarantee all the parts were there. The F50 is beyond saving, but the F310 was complete - a gamble that paid off.
You will get a few failures, but if the price is low enough. it's worth a punt! I now look for ' no box' and 'started' in the ebay descriptions ( like my BMW M3 I'm blogging now! ). One thing I am careful of is - the decals - you can get AM decals for 1/24 F1 cars, but at a price more than the original model!!
Thanks for looking in
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Looks good. The paint issue will probably never be understood but you've managed to sort it.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave,

That's turned out very nicely indeed - nice and red as befits a Ferrari.

ATB.

Andrew

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Nice build I have and 95 f1 ferrari to build so I hope I can get mine just as nice.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
It was the first time I'd used Humbrol Clear gloss varnish in about ten years - I thought at first it wasn't that shiny, but after 2-3 thin coats it really began to build up!
Dave