Revell 1/24 Landrover Series 3

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Wasn't sure whether to put this in with cars or trucks, but here she is, what will be my last completed build this year. Its been about two years in the making after spending a long time waiting for me to get on with painting it. The usual Revell mix of simplicity and with a few good bits. There are loads of options which is just as well because I managed to lose a complete row of seats probably during transport down the garden to my workshop spray area. Never found them, but luckily there's an alternative set in the box.

Main colour is a Zero paints Landrover Bronze Green with a Vallejo ivory colour on the roof. The interior was done with Vallejo and the odd enamel colour on the details. I was somewhat underwhelmed after final assembly - to me the body seems too high above the wheels, or the wheels are slightly undersize perhaps. Anyway, enough waffling, here are the pics......

20221212_125931.jpg

20221212_125950.jpg

20221212_130208.jpg

20221212_130219.jpg

20221212_130300.jpg

Thanks for looking in....

Nick.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Agree on the wheels but the colour is spot on! Think the vehicle dimensions are skewed visually due to the wheels but, otherwise, a nice clean representation!
Steve

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Nothing like a good landy looks like I may have to get one myself
Excellent work.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Ive done this one, nice little kit although yeah the body does sit a little high but youve done a lovely job. :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Superb finish, especially the excellent paintwork. Really looks the part. To me, I don’t think the wheels are too small, rather that the body sits too high. Gives it the aspect of being completely unloaded and needing some weight.

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Agree on the wheels but the colour is spot on! Think the vehicle dimensions are skewed visually due to the wheels but, otherwise, a nice clean representation!
Steve

Thanks Steve.

Nothing like a good landy looks like I may have to get one myself
Excellent work.

Cheers Peter. Look forward to seeing yours if you make one.

Ive done this one, nice little kit although yeah the body does sit a little high but youve done a lovely job. :thumb2:

Thanks Mark.

Superb finish, especially the excellent paintwork. Really looks the part. To me, I don’t think the wheels are too small, rather that the body sits too high. Gives it the aspect of being completely unloaded and needing some weight.

Thank you Tim.

And thanks to everyone else that has looked in...

Nick.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Call me odd if you like but I do like a Landy.
Looks great does that Nick.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Now that's brilliant!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was somewhat underwhelmed after final assembly - to me the body seems too high above the wheels, or the wheels are slightly undersize perhaps
Or you have a Land Rover with a lift kit! lol.
I have heard that new restored ones do sit a bit higher, as the springs and shocks are still new and firm and not all squashed down.