Revell 1/24 Unimog Rallye.

J

jono

View attachment 103883

View attachment 103884

View attachment 103885

View attachment 103886

View attachment 103887

Finally finished what as been My Build From Hell, with a Senior Moment & forgot to mask the windows before gloss varnishing. You will notice one of the problems with this build is how the tyres will not stay on the wheel rims.

At least I think I got it to look reasonable once finished & hope you like the photos.... Now onward & upwards to the next build :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: .

View attachment 103878

View attachment 103879

View attachment 103880

View attachment 103881

View attachment 103882

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well despite it being the truck from hell you made a pretty good job of it.

A bit late now but if you can get the tyres off, you might be able to persuade them wider with hot water and something to hold the tyre open while they cool. Then glue the pesky things to the outside rim first.

A great truck though well done.

J

jono

\ said:
Well despite it being the truck from hell you made a pretty good job of it.
A bit late now but if you can get the tyres off, you might be able to persuade them wider with hot water and something to hold the tyre open while they cool. Then glue the pesky things to the outside rim first.

A great truck though well done.
Hi Ian, there would be no problem in getting the tyres off, only need to pick the truck up turn it on its side & give a little shake & the tyres will fall off the wheels lol.... the inner diameter of the tyre is about the same as the rim diameter of the wheel & with the movement of the soft tyre I think it would not stay glued for long. Thanks anyway.

John.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks good to me and a nice clean build, ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice job John, looks good to me. I wonder if you could stuff the tyres with something like a foam to push the shape out?

J

jono

\ said:
Nice job John, looks good to me. I wonder if you could stuff the tyres with something like a foam to push the shape out?
Hi Joe, Stuffing the tyres would be no good as the hole in the tyre is the same size as the rim of the wheel & so the wheel just goes straight through the tyre with not enough of a rim on the wheel to hold the tyre in place.. Thanks for trying to solve the problem.... :mad: :mad:.

John.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Great work and it's a shame about the tyre situ ( I was thinking if you could make some large rings from styrene and extend the rims ( from rear) and position tyre then ring and affix with clear glue? Or I may be thinking too hard on this one

I do like the build though

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's a really superb job John, I like that a lot. Five Big Stars for that.

Peter

J

jono

\ said:
Great work and it's a shame about the tyre situ ( I was thinking if you could make some large rings from styrene and extend the rims ( from rear) and position tyre then ring and affix with clear glue? Or I may be thinking too hard on this one
I do like the build though
Thanks for your thoughts on the problem Robert, I think best way to get around it is... A place at the back of the Shelf LOL. :D :D.

John.

J

jono

\ said:
That's a really superb job John, I like that a lot. Five Big Stars for that.
Peter
Thanks Peter, even with the problems I had with it the end result turned out good im glad to say :smiling3: :smiling3:.

John.

D

Deleted member 3568

Great build is it just the one tyre, if it is you could scratch build a little jack and pretend it's a puncture under repair.or maybe cut through the tyre take 3 or 4 mill section off the tyre glue it back together and position the join at the bottom then no one would know and you're tyres would fit.

J

jono

\ said:
Great build is it just the one tyre, if it is you could scratch build a little jack and pretend it's a puncture under repair.or maybe cut through the tyre take 3 or 4 mill section off the tyre glue it back together and position the join at the bottom then no one would know and you're tyres would fit.
Nice thinking KP, as it is All the tyres I think your second option might be the way to go. It certainly will give me something to consider trying ... Thanks :D :D.

John.