Revell 1/25th Corvette C1

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Hi everyone,

Here is my latest creation, a 1958 Chevrolet Corvette C1 fuel injected. The kit is very good with a few problems mainly relating to poor attachment points which were overcome by drilling holes and using brass rods for location, strength and durability. Excellent choice and quality decals included and the clear parts were A1. A lot of the 74 hour build time was masking and painting the myriad of colours e.g. after primer there are 6 colours on each door interior trim. I used BMF for the first time on this build which is very pernickety work and, as you can see, very difficult to get 100% correct but I think it will do for me and hopefully it will be better on the E type and Beetle builds still to come.
This car represents my customers car which he bought purely because it came off the production line the same day as he was born, however he has grown to love the car and still has it 20 years after I rebuilt it. Great in a straight line but cornering on those narrow tyres and drum brakes all round meant it became his boulevard cruiser. The colours shown are what we rebuilt the car in and are not true factory options. I rather like the exhaust pipes exiting through the rear bumper.

Comments and criticisms welcome as always.

vette 1.jpgvette 2.jpgvette 3.jpgvette 4.jpgvette 5.jpgvette 6.jpg

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Nice. Loverly clean engine!! I've spent a few hours dirtying my Beetles engine!!! :smiling5: (And engine compartment, cover, transmission well - everything really!!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A great build of one of my US favourites .
Just not sure about the seat belts though.

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Agree about the seat belts, a bit naff. Currently sourcing ribbon, buckles etc. to try and Improve them.