Revell 1/32 H145M LUH KSK

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Just a bit of progress on this. Mostly just cleaning up parts and dry fitting.
Tail boom is painted and bits added.
P1060032.JPG

Main doors glazed and insides finished
P1060033.JPG

The skids(?) did not want to fit correctly on the main struts. Lots of filling and sanding. A coat of primer shows its a bit rough but I can live with that. The little spreader plates were sanded off when sorting the fit and new bits were scratched.
P1060035.JPG

P1060034.JPG

Jim

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Wouter, Richard and Scottie - thanks guys for sticking with this.
" "That's one small step for Jim, one giant leap for helicopterkind." - that is how I feel having got the main canopy and the two footwell windows fitted. Loads of messing about and still a bit rough but painted up I think I can live with it.
P1060038.JPG

P1060040.JPG

A bit of the gubbins underneath fitted poorly and needed some fettling and scratching.
P1060039.JPG

The next big worry is the masking of the windows but I think the worse is over and it may see the finish line.

Jim

D

Deleted member 7181

Definitely looking helicopter shaped now Jim.

Despite the issues it's turning out very nice indeed.

First Name
Wouter
oh my masking that canopy is dreadful stuff. But I'm confident you'll manage it mate. With the canopy added it sure starts to look like a heli now. Keep up the good work!

Cheers

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Loads of messing about and still a bit rough but painted up I think I can live with it.

A bit of the gubbins underneath fitted poorly and needed some fettling and scratching.
I know the feeling!
Pete

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jim " Still a bit rough" !!!!
B***dy Nora mate there's nothing rough about it.

I remember seeing a TV program where I think it was Airfix were due to bring out a new model. Surprisingly they gave it an outsider to do the first build. It turned out that he was unpaid and just loved building.

I would have expected a manufacturer to develop a product before just releasing, seems to me that the modelling community just accept cock ups and work around them .
It's not as if these kits are cheap, does a manufacturer ever make changes to tools when a fault is noticed or pointed out ?or is it just ignored.
We have no power to ensure that a kit fits, I think this is completely unacceptable with today's modern design and production methods to accept crap !
Any other product would be recalled and or altered.
Personally I would send some of these manufacturer's to the Gulag for retraining !

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
What is really appalling is that Revell have reboxed the same basic 'copter in several different versions, but they all have the same fundamental fit issues.
In a way we're all to blame, perhaps we should send kits back as 'not fit for purpose' when they don't fit together as they should. Instead we just say "that's modelling", get the files out, and make the parts fit the way the manufacturer should've.
Pete

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What is really appalling is that Revell have reboxed the same basic 'copter in several different versions, but they all have the same fundamental fit issues.
In a way we're all to blame, perhaps we should send kits back as 'not fit for purpose' when they don't fit together as they should. Instead we just say "that's modelling", get the files out, and make the parts fit the way the manufacturer should've.
Pete
Fully agree, one or two back wouldn't bother then but several hundred and bad press would make them sit. By far the best way to aim criticism is by posting on the companies FB page. As cpl Jones would say " They don't like it up um "
Sorry Jim :nerd:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Jim

Congratulations on persevering with this!! And good luck with the masking.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks guys
The kit is not good that's for sure. Many of the little bits and pieces I'm fitting at the moment have no clear location points and the instructions are kinda vague. There are 4 extra sprues for this version and they are much better in terms of fit.
I think if it hadn't been for Peter pointing out issues and also completing a version of this I may well have given up. I can now do bits of this between working on the Gannet for the AA GB which is good.
Thanks again for all your encouragement - it really helps.
Jim

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
A masking we will go, a masking we will go,
Heigh ho, the dairy-o,
A masking we will go!
:smiling:

It takes for ever. This is two afternoons work! Tamiya tape and some of the Tamiya tape for curves - good stuff that is :thumb2:
P1060041.JPG

P1060042.JPG

P1060043.JPG

P1060044.JPG

Still 7 windows to do but most of the hard ones are done.

Now a nice bit of Revell silliness. The rear doors on my version are solid, no windows. The instructions tell you to fit the clear windows into the doors and then paint over them. BUT on the sprues there are windowless doors which are blacked out as not used. Come on Revell :rolling: And guess what - they fit :thumb2:

P1060045.JPG

Jim

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Yet another mistake by Revell as a consequence of releasing this helicopter in several different versions!

Pete