Revell 1:32 Hawker Hunter FGA.9

Alun Wells

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alun
Evening All
Thanks for looking in. Made some progress, decided on 'out of box' build. Worked on the office and ejector seat, and some progress on the engine intakes. Strange set up, the intakes fit inside the main body, and into the slots in the office body, but no glue required as it centralises itself. Got instrument colours off 'Thunders and Lightnings' website, a really good reference especially for older/obsolete aircraft. Lots of sub assemblies next.
Cheers
Alun

Attachments

• IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 35

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
My profile picture is one of these Alun. I really enjoyed the build. Good luck with yours

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Alun
Not the most glamorous of planes but a very successful and long lived one. Not often seen modelled.
Good start. I'll enjoy following along.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good start on the office and air intakes Alun. I regret giving my 1/48 Academy or Dragon kit away as a prize gift...nice lines. It had the markings of a squadron that operated over Malaya.

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
The “blue note” she makes in fast flight sounds fantastic as well......

Alun Wells

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alun
Morning all,
A quick update, bench time has been very limited, August was an incredibly busy month, 25 shouts in 22days, a record for us.
Am now ready for decals, had a massive issue with nose piece, added some weights and adhesive, as normal practice for me, but the part began to soften and distort, reacted with the glue. Managed to recover with filler and reshaped. it looks 'well worn' now. Will leave the tail assembly until the end as not much surface area for gluing.
Thanks for all the comments, I am old enough to remember these aircraft, RAF aerobatic team, and the T version trainers from an air cadet visit to RAF Wattisham in the 60's.
Cheers
Alun

Attachments

• IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 19

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well done Alun, that has turned out very nicely indeed!!

ATB

Andrew