Revell 1/32 He 219 'UHU' Night Fighter

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
I've been busy building this one over the last few months. No build shots just the finished ones. No real problems with the build detail is good, fit no issues, decals a little thick but that's usual with Revell but they conformed well. This one is a big bird with a larger wingspan and fuselage length than the Ju88 I build a few years back, so a bit of a problem fitting in the spray booth a matter of half in half out interesting at times. The camo was a challenge I started with RLM 75 and then sprayed over with RLM 76 with squiggly lines I think it's come out ok, it was the bit of the build I was dreading. Anyway here she is all comments welcome.
By the way my next build will be Revells 1/32 Hawker Tempest V a re-boxing of the special hobby kit minus the resin extras and p.e

.PC272794adj.jpg
PC272796adj.jpg

PC272801adj.jpg

PC272810adj.jpg

PC272802.jpg

PC272808adj.jpg

PC272811.jpg

PC272812adj.jpg

PC272819adj.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Vaughan, this is one superb build.
The finish is pin sharp.
Excellent result.
The icing on the cake is the great presentation and photography. A little thought makes all the difference when posting a finished model. You have done all that, and some!

Cheers,
Ron

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That is a beautiful top drawer finish. Great looking model of a great looking bird.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Love it Vaughan, nice camo scheme and sharp finish! :thumb2:
Steven

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful. Makes me wish I'd been able to finish mine. Alas, it slipped from my fingers and with all the extra weight I'd added to stop it tail sitting, the front got smashed beyond my ability to repair.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great to see you back building and posting Vaughan, I hope you are well.
What a great build too.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks for the comments Gents, it is a big bird, fuselage is 53cm and a wing span of 57cm. It will end up on the wall but a bit unsure how to hang it as its has a tricycle undercart and all the other planes are naturally tail sitters but I'm sure i'll work it out. Dave I didn't realise yours had crashed landed I never put any weights in mine wasn't sure if the undercart would take it. For the photos I propped the tail end up with some clear spru that was part of the canopy set it just happened to be in the shape of the letter Y which I then had to remove in a photo editing program along with the overlapping card, A1 sheets are not big enough.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautifully finished as always vaughan , and a very tricky photography job ( due to the size !) accomplished superbly . I was going to ask how much weight you had to put in to get it to sit on the nose wheel but you answered my query above ! Cheers tony

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
She's a "Beauty" Vaughan.........one to be proud of. :thumb2:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A totally splendid result. Did the antenna array survive the build ? I'm sure that bit would have caused my swear box to over flow.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Colin the antenna was a challenge to say the least. I left fitting until the model was finished, then attached the struts that hold the antenna and painted them black. Then it was onto the antenna I painted them RLM 76 white and red. Each antenna was attached at a 45 degree angle here are the instructions I had to follow it was not fun. I used Tamiya extra thin to join them as it sets fast but still was difficult. It did get to the point that was there a version that didn't have any antenna.

IMG_20201230_091607.jpg

IMG_20201230_091622.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Beautiful result Vaughan, that camouflage scheme has turned out very nicely. Top work

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That is one sweet Uhu Vaughan.

Cheers,
Richard