Revell 1/32 lynx HAS3 The black cats

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
So that's how it's done ! I was thinking that if I tried a decal that big it would end up wrapped round my fingers. Lovely work all round.
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I missed this before - sorry. Looks a great kit. Love 'Puss in the Box'. That cockpit/interior looks first class. You were right about the fit as the two fuselage halves look to have gone together perfectly. The side decal is stunning - well done getting it on so neatly.
Jim

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Sat in Portland Marina is a Lynx in a semi Black Cat paint scheme. It's a legacy of when the Royal Naval Airstation was situated there. Now how,e to the Marina and National Sailing Academy!!
Just as a point of interest, the pilot/co-pilots seats. The bit the crew sit on is in fact a life raft! Outer shell usually yellow in colour, the top a green fabric. On top of the green fabric is placed a sheepskin cover to add comfort to the dear crews behinds!!! As you can imagine, after a few bottoms have sat on the sheepskin the colour changes somewhat to a very dirty stained sheepskin!!! Helicopters are not the cleanest pieces if military hardware.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Most everything leaks, even if it's just vapor, at least the old ones.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Most everything leaks, even if it's just vapor, at least the old ones.
Always worked on the premise, if it leaks it proves there was oil or whatever in there!! It was high pressure hydraulic fluid that made me twitch!!
A Sea King wouldn't be right without a good smear of gearbox oil running down the rear cabin door!!