Revell 1:32 SD Lysander

T

tecdes

So this is the 6:0am engine is it Colin ? Considering sleepy eyes ! very nice job.

What size should those connector rods be Colin.

Laurie

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well a weekend of borderline weather meant I got a bit of real work done. With the Lysander assembled, well sort of, it was primered (Halfords rattle can) and then sprayed Humbrol matt aluminium in place where I intend to do a bit of paint chipping later on.

View attachment 56454

Then many hours were spent in a cold, no, very cold garage as I sprayed the top coat. At least I wasn't alone this time, there was a couple of monkeys looking for somewhere to plug their arc welder in ! And of course, just as things get going, the airbrush dies - again in my case. Is it time for a new one ??? Anyway, I got it going again and now the Lysander is all black.

View attachment 56455

I now need to spend a lot of time, breaking up that vast expanse of blackness with chipping weathering etc. This might get tricky - how to make black look interesting.................

View attachment 58511

View attachment 58512

21.jpg

22.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A 4 day gap in a WIP - must try harder. Anyway, a bit more has been done.

The slats have now been refitted (the flaps were returned to the wing sometime ago) It was a lot of work to butcher the wing just to re attatch the same bits again, but I suppose it gives the wings a bit of a dynamic look. Ops, I've just realised, looking at the picture, the leading edge of the wing has a bit of chipping, but the leading edge of the slat is as clean as !

View attachment 56729

These are the Shuttleworth decals, representing the only flying Lysander in this country. They are rather thick and took lots of decal softener to get them down. On the plus side, there isn't many of them.

View attachment 56730

I've tried to create a bit of fuel spillage around the extra fuel tank. A bit of an experiment this one, once the matt coat is applied I'll loose this detail, but it should be ok to replace it afterwards. The result isn't really what I was after, I was hoping for a light metallic sheen effect - any ideas anyone ?

View attachment 56731

And finally, one wing is on. I've been lucky here, dry fitting shows I won't be suffering the infamous Lysander wing droop that so many have. Wing location / security is very delicate, this is one model you really don't want to pick up by the wings.

View attachment 56732

So the Lysander needs another wing and an engine - yes an engine, I've got one of those somewhere........................

View attachment 58777

View attachment 58778

View attachment 58779

View attachment 58780

23.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

24.jpg