Revell 1/350 VIIC/41 German U. Boat..... Mid Atlantic.

First Name
Wouter
Different technique to do a seascape, but very effective. Nice work chap!

And 'Lieber Kapitän'? Can't imagine a German sailor would have called Herr Kaleun like that, but it made me chuckle, thanks for that John :smiling2:.

Cheers

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Lieber Kapitän. U 570
Leider ist der Strand abgebaut und Sie haben keine Chance in Ihrem kleinen Gummiboot zu landen. Ich schlage vor, Sie verlassen diesen Bereich so schnell wie möglich.
Guten Tag ab 453 und Polly:smiling3:

Smart a**e! :tongue-out3:

Wouter- Thank you. We all have different ways of doing seascapes. I like to keep mine straight forward and simple, but at the end of the day as long as the builder is happy with the result, that is all that matters.
That's why I enjoy making models.

Cheers boys.
Ron

First Name
Wouter
Wouter- Thank you. We all have different ways of doing seascapes. I like to keep mine straight forward and simple, but at the end of the day as long as the builder is happy with the result, that is all that matters.
That's why I enjoy making models.

Cheers boys.
Ron
True that! I remember some other builds from yours with the same style ocean. Especially on certain photo angles (I think you made certain photos black and white) it looked very convincing. That's the great thing of our hobby indeed, so many different ways to do things!

Cheers

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Different technique to do a seascape, but very effective. Nice work chap!

And 'Lieber Kapitän'? Can't imagine a German sailor would have called Herr Kaleun like that, but it made me chuckle, thanks for that John :smiling2:.

Cheers
Your welcome mate. Wouter I was trying to be kind to the poor soul and humour him before Matron arrives:smiling3:.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well Ron, JR did mention Matron, so I thot it were evident as to which kind 'O shot was being referred to Sir. As to the Whiskey I'm about 90 minutes away from official "Happy Hour" start so must be patient....I'll definitely be having one for you and the "Boys" we hang with on the threads. Cheers Mate, Patient 358

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's what you think 570 , Matron told me she can't wait to deal with you. She has the new multi needle syringe ! Polly is going to assist :smiling3:
Ivan Racisky .
Bed 6
Broadmoor .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I finished this build a few days ago, but I've been waiting for a nice sunset. Last night I got me one.... :thumb2:

So at last, I'll be able to post the U. Boat over in 'Submarines Completed' asap.

Thanks for the great posts and general good hearted banter. I realise there are folks on here who don't approve of having the crack, and I can't vouch for other members, but it keeps me motivated.

Anyway, to end the build, here's one of rather too many pictures (again!)

Cheers and thanks for your contributions along the way. All much appreciated.

P1270279 (3).JPG

Cheers.
Ron

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Loved every minute of the build 570, even when my buddy and I were banned .
Such is life, as he said to me " not worth a ruffled feather. "

Carry on