Revell 1/48 Lockheed Ventura

First Name
Dave
Just finished this kit.Its a new moulding by Revell and is superb.The areas that can be seen like the cockpit ,bomb bays and wheel wells are very nicely detailed.And all the parts fit together with no problems at all.Ive made a bit of a mess of the paint work around the dorsal turret so will have to go over it again.I wanted to use the octopus decal but it doesn't completely cover the area.Revell give you a paint mix to match the colour and I can't get it quite right.If I did this kit again I would use the decal as a template to mask the octopus and spray it on.One thing I'm pleased with is the aerial wires .I always struggle to do these without getting glue on the paintwork.This time I drilled holes in the fuselage and tail fins and attached fishing line with superglue gel.Left overnight to dry then made an Ariel mast from stretched sprue,cut a slot in the top and glued the 4 pieces of line to it.Anyway,it's a great kit.Revell at their best.Just don't look too closely at the octopus!.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

treyzx10r

Yes it looks a 5 star build to me as well. Really like the aerials and the paint work looks awesomel. Very nicely done Sir!!!

P

Polux

Looks great Dave!

Perfect paint work, without doubt, a five stars build!

Polux

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top job dave , a definite 5 star build and from where im sitting the octopus looks spot on. cheers tony

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
You've done yourself proud Dave, I'd be well pleased with that and so should you.

Definately a 5 star build.

Tony.