Revell 1:48 Mosquito MK IV

F

Fenlander

At last she can sit on all three wheels. I have to say that without the precision tips that came with the Filla-Glue CA, I would have struggled getting these assembled UC units into the wheel wells. It is a very tight place and I can see why they recommend that you build them in as you make up the nacelles, I also know that they are far to delicate to survive if I had done that. I was able to twist the legs through the openings and, thankfully, the fixing points sat nearly where they should. By the careful use of a wooden skewer I was able to hold each of the four rear fixing points in place and then insert the long nozzle of the CA bottle into the cavity and give it a squirt. Without them, I have no idea how I would have gotten around it. The main front legs and where they glue in cannot be seen at all so I switched to the thicker CA and pumped some down between the front of the legs and the firewall. It must have found a sufficiently small gap to fill and bond as they are now stuck down very well.

Here she is, the right way up and standing proud, although gathering dust and dog hairs lol

You can see from this picture supplied by Richard (Bunkerbarge) that the thicker part of the main legs is too short on the model. A point I had read in reviews where the length of the UC was reported as short and the spinners dumpy. I have to admit that the shot above of the model compared to the shot below of a real one shows this nicely. In isolation though, it looks fine.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking good Graham,unlike your cutting mat which is nearly as bad as mine!

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

:laughing: Cheers Steve, I really should get another mat to take the pictures on then it would be all smart and clean, a bit like Nigela's kitchen on telly, how come she doesn't have exploding beans up the wall????

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hm Anthracit for the tyres, Í like the look of that. Thats a good pair of legs you got there Graham (Oh er misses).

Yes the red tanks are indeed for the hydrolic oil for the UC.

When I mounted mine I used Gator glue. Plenty of time ti fiddle with it and once its set its a very good bond.

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That Mozzy's coming along great, Graham. The finish is just right I think it should have a slight sheen. I can't really see any silvering to the decals so you've done a good job disguising it, if it is still evident at all.

All the best

Paul