Revell 1/72 Eurofighter

F

Fenlander

Nice to see two Typhoons in different scales coming together so well. Doing a great job on this.

B

Bari

Have now thrown some paint at it. Brush painted in Humbrol acrylic. Was not impressed with the paint, It took a lot of stirring and went on very streaky, I have had to do 6-7 coats to get it reasonable. I will let it harden up for a day or so before I mask up to do the metal bits at the back.

037.JPG

038.JPG

039.JPG

040.JPG

042.JPG

045.JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice work Barry , it looks great. Ive got a few tins of Humbrol acrylics too and also found they were very thin and see through , wonder if theyve improved now they arent sourcing them from china anymore?

B

Bari

Yes I know what you mean, there appears to be no consistency in the range. I have got some that are like treacle and others that are like water. i am now gradually changing over to the Revell range, although our local Boyes shop have now stocked up with quite a large selection of vallejo paints and I may give them a go in the future.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Laminated floor has saved a lot for me. I've even found PE seat buckles 2 days after losing them
Don't you normally find them about one minute after you have bought/made a replacement - like the rest of us?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Laminated floor has saved a lot for me. I've even found PE seat buckles 2 days after losing them
So you have removed the habitat of the carpet monster. Both devious and clever..

B

Bari

Plodding on,painted a bit more and now getting to the decal stage. There seem to be such a lot in the common to all versions bit of the sheet. I can barely see some of them. I am going with the Spanish version mainly so the roundels can add a splash of colour to it.

047.JPG

048.JPG

049.JPG

050.JPG

052.JPG

053.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very good Barry, and I know what you mean about the decals, it was bad enough in 1/48 so I feel for you in 1/72 keep up the good work

B

Bari

Onward with the decals. I am having to do them in short stints as some of them are so small I have to use both my reading glasses and a magnifier, banana fingers don't help very much either. This must be a very delicate aircraft to judge by the number of 'no step' decals. When I worked on Phantoms they were tough enough to walk all over.

056.JPG

The tools of the trade, the essential one being the cocktail stick cut into a chisel shape at one end.

054.JPG

Against a grey background these can hardly be seen unless you are a few inches away.

055.JPG

Getting there slowly.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Looking very nice on the decals ( I don't envy you at all at this stage ) plod along and take your time and you'll be fine

Best of luck

Kind regards

Robert

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Coming to life nicely Barry, good work. I sometimes don't apply all the little stencils in 1/72, especially on dark camouflaged schemes.

B

Bari

I have now got all the decals on, with the exception of lots of little yellow hooks which to me seem rather large and as I can't see them on photos of the real aircraft seems a good reason not to do them. Especially as its taken me three days on and off to do all the rest. I have now put the hud's on and all thats left is the canopy and the drop tanks and missiles and find a stand for it.

060.JPG

062.JPG

064.JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great barry , so nice to see the spanish scheme for a change too , cheers tony

P.S top marks for putting all those tiny stencils on , theyre a pain but really make a difference and break up the grey a bit

B

Bari

I'm now calling this finished except for the stand which I shall have to do later on as I have to travel out to France to house sit for my brother who has to come back to the UK for a few weeks. Well really all I have to do is look after his chickens and feed the cat, a hardship I know, but someone has to do it. Anyway a few quick snaps of how its turned out.

072.JPG

073.JPG

074.JPG

075.JPG

076.JPG