Revell 1/72 Eurofighter

B

Bari

I thought I would have a go at this one, mainly to give me a incentive to finish something as I seem to have lost a bit of interest lately. Not sure if it has been scaled down from the 1/48 one thats also being built but there seem to be a lot of bits on the five sprues, six if you count the transparencies. More to follow as I have just this minute got it off the shelf where its been hiding for a few years.

001.JPG

F

Fenlander

Look forward to seeing this. Not big on aircraft but as we have these as background noise through the week, I have a certain fondness for them. Built the 1/48 ages ago but never got to finish it.

P

Polux

Nice one Bari!

I'm glad that you take part on the GB ;)

Cheers

Polux

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Looks like a nice kit ( never done a eurofighter/typhoon ) I'll be watching this one

Robert

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great stuff , welcome to the GB Barry! by all accounts its a cracking kit , which decal option are you going for ? cheers tony

B

Bari

Hi, just done a little bit more after hunting around on the floor for the bits that pinged out of the tweezers. This time I actually found them. What I really need is one of those closed cabinets where you just stick your hands through holes and work inside. At least then there would be a better chance of finding things. I haven't really decided what decals to go for. I am given the option of two German versions, or a 17 sqn one which is a possibility as I worked on 17 sqn for a short time after 14 sqn phantoms disbanded at Bruggen or there are decals for a Spanish version. Anyway looking at all the little bits that is somewhere in the far future. Onto some pics..

002.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

D

dougie

Laminated floor has saved a lot for me. I've even found PE seat buckles 2 days after losing them

B

Bari

Managed to get the seats painted, not very well I must admit, it would seem that the brain is writing cheques that the eyes can't cash, even with reading glasses and a magnifier i still cant focus too well at short distances. Part of getting old I suppose. Tomorrow I will try and get the decals on the cockpit tubs and instrument panels. You will notice I have added a ejection handle to the front of the seat, however its a bit on the large side as with the seat in the tub the pilot will have to put his hand through the handle to hold the stick, still he will be ready to bang out quickly.

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice work Barry they may be a LITTLE over sized but a great addition non the less. I'm just glad I'm building the 1/48 scale one.

B

Bari

A little bit more done, I have decided to have it perched on a stick. Its now ready for a bit of primer.

023.JPG

These bits are getting smaller, and I've yet got to trim this followed by another three. Then try to put them in the right position without having them ping out of the tweezers.

024.JPG

Finally managed it.

021.JPG

022.JPG

All ready for primer.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good barry , those tiny bits would have pinged out of my tweezers never to be seen again! , so kudos for getting them all stuck on!! Cheers tony

P

Polux

Great work with those tiny bits, Barry!

I really like the look of this plane :eek:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I've left those little fins off mine for now Barry they would have only been knocked off if not lost to the carpet monster before I got them on.

Nice work so far looking forward to more updates

B

Bari

Eventually primed it which took quite a bit of time as the cap on the spray can was very reluctant to come off and when it did I managed to knock the spray button off. I eventually found it several feet away under some furniture. I have also done a bit of pre-shading. This time I have just filled in the panel lines with a very fine marker pen as all i want is just a hint of the panel lines. Its the first time I have tried this so we will have to see how it turns out.

IMG_0002.JPG

img0004 (1).JPG

img0004 (2).JPG