revell 1:72 gato ,this might keep you laughing for a while

P

phalinmegob

further to my recent post about not being able to get a replacement hull section and having two pieces the same,i have decided to see what i could cobble together. now this is way out of my comfort zone and dont really .know what i am doing so stick with me when your bored and can say to your self "what the hell is he doing". so first things first, was worried about trying to create the torpedo tubes so i thought to myself just cut the offending section out and glue it on, so far so good. there is going to be lots of pastic strips going in these holes,it aint gonna float.

View attachment 33515View attachment 33511View attachment 33514View attachment 33512View attachment 33513View attachment 33509View attachment 33510

View attachment 38187

View attachment 38188

View attachment 38189

View attachment 38190

View attachment 38191

View attachment 38192

View attachment 38193

P230911_21.40_[01].jpg

P230911_21.40.jpg

P230911_21.39.jpg

P230911_21.38_[01].jpg

P230911_21.38.jpg

P140911_21.46.jpg

P140911_21.45.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Your a brave man Andrew but to be honest its not looking bad so far keep it up you may just pull this one off and good on ya for giving it a go

N

noble

Ah Andy you've been writting to Jim'll fixit lol or blue peter can't remember which lol anyway mate nice going so far and you don't need it to float. I've not long completed one as well and it is sitting on a shelf in our bedroom, good luck and keep going.

scott

N

noble

\ said:
i do if its gonna win yours in a race down the mersey :smiling3:
Mine don't float either mate, keep cracking on dude you'll win through in the end.

scott

A

andyrobs

Hi Andrew, great build mate especially with the hull problems!!! Congratulations mate.

Cheers, Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well done Andrew. Looks like you need a bigger work bench! Nice save with that missing section as well!!

Ian M

P

phalinmegob

thanks guys and your right i do need a bigger bench ,unfortunatly,i'll need a bigger house first (four kids).funny thing was that about two hours before i took the photo's,the captain shouted DIVE DIVE DIVE, without the aid of water and i broke about twelve of the little stantions that hold the wire railings to the side,luckily the conning tower was not on board or it would of been a real disaster. managed to glue them all back together with superglue.

N

noble

\ said:
right guys, got totally carried away with this and forgot to take any pictures during building, but marking it down as finished, didnt turn out half bad as far as i am concerned,what do you guys think?
Well done Andrew mate told you that you'd win through nice build.

scott

P

phalinmegob

how did you manage that, you lucky beggar, they told me it was out of production, was it the same piece as me or did you have my opposite lol