Revell 1/72 Jagdpanther finished

T

TonyBv9

Well, I'm calling it finished. I struggled with the camo, and in the end tried to get a fading, grubby winter-whitewash look. Not too much weathering either - maybe I should have tried denting the fenders or something. A couple of bits disappeared during the build, and there is no aerial in the kit, so I used a bristle. Overall I'm fairly pleased. Please tell me what you think, either way. It looks better to the naked eye than it does zoomed-in in the photos.

View attachment 59595View attachment 59596View attachment 59597View attachment 59598View attachment 59599View attachment 59598View attachment 59596

View attachment 61377

View attachment 61378

View attachment 61379

View attachment 61380

View attachment 61381

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks great to me tony , loving the whitewash , cheers tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Not an armour man myself but that looks very good to me Tony 5 stars from me ( is it going into a diorama ? would look great )

T

TonyBv9

Thanks guys. I have never attempted a diorama, although my kids are always very keen for me to try one. Maybe a bit of research is in order.

I love the Jagdpanther. I know I'll have a go at a larger scale version some time soon.

T

treyzx10r

That is a really cool looking build,I like the subtle color variations you achieved! Most impressive especially considering its 1/72 scale,very nicely done Sir,5stars!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Tony. You've nailed that whitewash to a tee...The stuff was actually put on with a large brush and bucket, so to look right it has to be very hit and miss, and go where it shouldn't too...tow hawsers and the like. So many whitewashes are put on model tanks far too uniform. I reckon it should be applied to a model with a flat head brush, using downward strokes.....

Yours looks really well however you applied the stuff!

Cheers,

Ron

T

TonyBv9

Thanks again.

It was all a bit trial and error. I painted the three colour camo and put on a coat of Klear and the decals. The colours were too strong - and my painting not good enough, so I hoped whitewash would cover it over.

I dabbed on a couple of coats of fairly dilute matt white with a very tightly formed sponge, then ground up some pastels in water to make a dark wash. This made it a bit too dark, so I then redid the white on the high spots to help highlight them.

Thanks again for the kind words.

C

CDW

So ... hold on ... you painted the camo then basically just blobbed white on with a sponge and it ended up looking like that ... and in 1/72 too ???

I take my hat off to you mate ... at that scale it's brilliant :smiling3: :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Sorry, late in replying, just trawling through forums. I think the model is great, good camo and weathering. Nice one, get a dio made for it. I find them easier to make than the chuffing models lol.

Si:smiling3: