Revell 1/72 Junkers F.13

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've gone out of instruction sequence, Revell would have you join the fuselage halves, with the interior sandwiched between. The wing/fuselage joint is a bit vague, so I decided to leave out the interior, so I could make sure of that joint - CA run down the interior fixed it pretty well..................
DSCF0905.JPG

After that dried off, it was time to add the interior, by careful spreading of the fuselage, I could just ease it in! Just a dab of glue, as it isn't going anywhere.
DSCF0906.JPG

The wingspan to overall length looks very odd, not surprising the float version had a larger tail. It's all coming together pretty quickly, not many parts left on the sprue ( mainly handles & brackets ). Difficult to know when to add these, - before painting, when you are bound to knock them off ( I do anyway! ), or after, - needing paint touch up. I leave them off until after - in this case, the AK Aluminium paint brush paints pretty well, so touch up isn't a problem.
Dave
I've been pondering about the next build, I don't know whether to go for a biggie ( Zvezda Pantsir, Panda 9K330 Tor, HobbyBoss Nagmachon II ), or something a little smaller ( Zvezda T-34/85 ) or go for another wingy thing ( ARK Mig-3, Eduard Morane ) - as they say, I used to be ambivalent, but now I'm not sure............:thinking:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
More progress.........................
DSCF0907.JPGDSCF0908.JPG
The cockpit openings give an odd goggle eyed appearance, the pilots only had small windscreens, mounted on the 'bonnet' just as well the Junkers didn't go much more than 100mph. Must have been like sitting in a wind tunnel
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The F.13 now has its' boots on......................
DSCF0932.JPG
One of those operations that you need 3 hands, not one good, one stiff. I've added CA to the strut/fuselage joint, and now I'll let it all really harden off ( there are still the outboard float struts to add ).
This will be the last picture in this section, there's only a few detail parts to add/paint, and a couple of decals, - the next ones will appear in the 'completed' section
Dave