Revell 1/8 corvette

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all another update, got some primer on (its halfords plastic primer) Ive used it loads of times and never had this reaction before
wtegdg.jpg

It's on both the doors (which were part of the body till I cut them out, so all the same plastic and yet the car body seems unaffected
2ursd2x.jpg

Seems strange will strip the doors and re spray them, hopefully that will correct it.

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
strange that's unusual for you ken to get that happen to you. I cannot say much really as I can not spray properly I hold the spray can like it says on the tin, the primer goes on easily as it is Halfords plastic primer. But after putting one the first coat of primer first. After waiting 20 mins then I used 1200 grit wet and dry washed the grit off dried the part and put second coat on and done the same. Then I let it dry over night come to put the top coat on with pearl red I done what the tin said but I always get runs or blemish's and now the fering is snapped which means I would have to bye the part from Tamiya as they do not do like airfix or revell I give up on models unless someone else sprays the parts for me. Take a look and you see what I mean by snapped fering on my haybosa

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
When I first saw the title of this one, I wondered why it wasn't in Ian's battleship build. Then I thought "How in the name of all the Gods is he gonna fit a 1/8 scale ship in a display case!":eek:

D

dougie

What was under the primer? Just bare plastic? Did you have anything on your hands before handling the doors?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Is that the filler primer youre using ken? If so its a much thicker paint than the standard grey one . Its designed to go on thick to fill any blemishes or scratches before being flatted down ( on full size cars of course) . If so then the crazing is a result of the thick paint drying at different rates on the surface. If youve used it before with no problems then maybe it was release agent on the plastic . Looks like a fine sanding down should sort it , cheers tony

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next update, tried black but don't like it so will have to think on that one.
10yknzm.jpg

2laa14m.jpg

james pithouse

First Name
James
try cobalt blue but at least you stop the crack effect on the primer:D

james pithouse

First Name
James
try cobalt blue but at least you stopped the crack in the primer what coursed it

J

John Huggins

Hi Ken seem to have this thing for 1:8 monsters, looking cool mate, I'll be watching.

John.

james pithouse

First Name
James
very nice blue perfect colour choice and looking good all round

james pithouse

First Name
James
ken nothing is normal with you but liking it so far

R

Rik101

If you want to do something a bit more unusual with the paint, check out Halford's Rover Targa Green. It's a light to mid metallic green and looks far better than I expected. I have used it as a base for candy green but I like it so much that I will use it as a top coat for something in the future.

S

steve5

couldn't agree with you more james , but isn't he good to watch , love your work ken .