Revell 1/87 Big Boy Locomotive...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys for taking time out to view the brute and for the nice comments.

Tony, I just can't get a grip on any 'sustained modelling' this time of the year, it's far too nice to be indoors, 'specially at dusk when the bats are about in the garden!

Scott, I just fancied a bit of a change from armour and things military and a chuff chuff seemed a good idea!

Dave, our 'enry with 'is splash all over, Brute aftershave, what a star....I well remember his fight with Cassius Clay, as Ali was called then. He stung him real good and nearly downed him, and would have done if not for the bell. But the next round Clay gave him some umpy and Cooper's face split open and the fight was stopped, but our 'enry nearly had him!

Oh, the kit! It made into a nice model, but a vast amount of detail was all done for you in the one piece body. There is no excuse for the long main handrail being moulded into the boiler sides, it looks awful. I do agree the kit should have more bits but to be fair, it is aimed at level 3 out of 5. Which I didn't know when I was looking at it on the web.

What next?

I have my WW1 diorama to progress with, and once that's done I will think about what to do for the G.B.

Cheers boys.

N

noble

Hi Ron showed my mate in work the train ... he's big on his trains part of the reason hes working with them anyway he loves it and he wants one.... you've created a monster will not hear the end of this now till he gets one lol. Seriously though lovely work.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Hi Ron showed my mate in work the train ... he's big on his trains part of the reason hes working with them anyway he loves it and he wants one.... you've created a monster will not hear the end of this now till he gets one lol. Seriously though lovely work.scott
Glad you like it Scott, thanks.

Also your mate seems to have fallen in luuuurve with the Big Boy.

Despite my reservations, it does make up into an impressive loco. Well, two joined together really....It was built to haul in excess of 4000 tons!

The real thing must be something to behold!

Cheers,

Ron