Revell 1/96 Spanish Galleon

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I think you've done a lovely job on this mate; without wishing to appear overly critical may I just say that, in future builds, you may wish to reduce the thickness of the ratlines ( the 'steps') compared to the thickness of the shrouds (the main supporting ropes of the masts). Forgive me for any 'slight' I may have cast on your excellent work.
Steve

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I think you've done a lovely job on this mate; without wishing to appear overly critical may I just say that, in future builds, you may wish to reduce the thickness of the ratlines ( the 'steps') compared to the thickness of the shrouds (the main supporting ropes of the masts). Forgive me for any 'slight' I may have cast on your excellent work.
Steve
Not at all mate, you're bang on. I've already bought a jig and I'll be doing my own from now on as opposed to using the horrible plastic things which come in the kit. I'll use them on the next boat then, if it goes well, I'll retrofit to this!

Anyway, that's very worthwhile feedback. And thanks to everyone else as well.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL MR Conkers im very impressed with your ship all the painting is spot on an looks brilliant an the crew figuors climbing up the rigging an that looks great as i said im very impressed an all the lines an block an tackle brilliant i could not have done this so well an im putting you in for a dogs award as this certaintly desevsed it so come on john (J/R ) PUT HIM UP FOR THE DOGS ?
chris b

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Congratulations Bobby, the committee have met download THE COMMITTEE.jpg and have all agreed a splendid effort by your self and are pleased to award the .

2020DB.jpg

Well done .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
John is that MATRON nr the centre of pic in the big hat ? lol an you say it is her by gum she looks a tough ole bird must be over a hundred could you show her pic on her motor bike an sidecar for the new members to see whats in store for them lol PS WELL DONE MR CONKERS
chris b

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes that is her Chris, it was taken at the annual day out to Scarborough in the early years.

Her she is on her trusty BSA.

1645636398981.png
Here photo'd with her younger sister
1645636457125.png

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH YES John some brilliant pics of matron in her ealrly yrs an did she have her big neddels then ?
chris b

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
OH YES John some brilliant pics of matron in her ealrly yrs an did she have her big neddels then ?
chris b

Not then Chris, it was only this year she went on the course for the A10 guided needle system. Apparently it can deliver a multi injection to at least 5 people standing near each other !

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Not then Chris, it was only this year she went on the course for the A10 guided needle system. Apparently it can deliver a multi injection to at least 5 people standing near each other !
SOMETHING Like a cruise missel then MY GOD heaven help us if she comes after any poor devil then :rolling: :tongue-out3: :cold-sweat: :cold-sweat: :cold-sweat: LOL
chris b

• Haha