Revell albatross d-iii

J

James Q

Well here is my Albatross DIII i've just completed, its the Revell 1/72 kit, went together well although there was no cockpit. Didnt take long to build, decals went on nicely with the usual decal solutions. Model is brush painted in Humbrol enamels. Enough of me rabbiting on heres some pics..

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job james , it looks like a nice little kit. The paint is excellent , I was looking at one of these the other day, quite a bargain at about £3.50!! I might just get one now ive seen yours , its a lovely looking little aircraft! cheers tony

J

James Q

Cheers Tony, yeah it is a lovely little kit, I've got a few of the Roden 1/72 stuff here started there Junkers DI short fuselage today, lovely little kit.

Thank you for your kind words on the paint.

V

Vajled

how I miss this beauty :smiling3:

I know how this models from WW1 era in 1/72 are small and tiny...

great work all arround, well done James

A

AJay

Very nice, James! The paint job looks great. 5***** Did you use enamels or acrylics?

T

treyzx10r

James ,great looking build . That is top notch brush painting skills!

J

James Q

\ said:
how I miss this beauty :smiling3: I know how this models from WW1 era in 1/72 are small and tiny...

great work all arround, well done James
Thank you Roman :smiling: yes it is very small lol but I think there rather cute at this size.

J

James Q

\ said:
Very nice, James! The paint job looks great. 5***** Did you use enamels or acrylics?
Thank you Alex, I used Humbrol enamels, I started of with a thinning the colour down alot and built up the layers, I find it gives an almost streak free finish with out losing panel lines, just have to be patient lol.

J

James Q

Thank you, yes I was, cant wait too see how my D1 turns out.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice job, and all for a couple of quid. I built a 1:72 Revel Sopwith Camel sometime ago which cost about 3 quid. These Revell kits are a bit basic, but still produce a nice little model.

Colin M......

J

James Q

Yeah I am thinking about that one next, I recently won a couple of there 1/72 WWI planes on evilbay sunday night I think there the original releases going by the boxes lol.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a lovely build James.

I keep thinking about getting a WW1 plane but keep chickening out.

Having seen this I think I'll get one for the stash for when I'm feeling braver.

5 stars on this one.

Tony.

J

James Q

Thank you Tony, the only issues i've found is getting the struts all lined up for the top wing, I havnt even tried rigging yet but I have a Gotha on the way so really need to practice!